Notifications Delayed

My notifications have been delayed on my xbox one since day 1. I will get the achievement but wont get the notification for like 1-2 minutes later. The same goes for messages or. I would really like them to fix this. Its not a game breaking issue but its rather annoying, like i wont recieve game invites or party invites untill like 2 minutes larer. Sometimes dont get them at all. It gets rather frusterating. It has got to be on there software side since i know other people that have this issue. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 340 Applies to:

i have the same problem, might try to send it back and get another one if there's no fix

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I played Valiant Hearts this morning and got 5 achievements but none of them showed up as notifications when playing the game. Tried NHL 15, same thing. Got the achievement but no notification for it. Noticed that my Gamerscore went up, that's how I found out that I got the achievements. Anyone else having the same issues?

This just started happening today after the latest update. Before I always received the achievement notification popup instantly.

Sorry this didn't help.

*****SOLUTION*****

This began happening to me today, November 1st 2014. Usually I can tolerate a few software malfunctions as I usually keep myself occupied with getting achievements. Like the rest of you, I received no notification. I don't know about you, but unlocking an achievement without that 'Ping' sound is just not as satisfying.

...Then I remembered a friend had issues with his controller not connecting to his console. He contacted support and they told him how to do a 'HARD RESET'. This has saves my life now.

By HOLDING the power button on your console, you will perform the HARD RESET. You'll know you have done it correctly if the Xbox symbol does NOT flash. It worked for me.

Other issues it solves:

- Stubborn controller connection (Refuses to connect)

- Strict NAT type (Preventing you from joining and/or hearing friends)

- Kinect issues (Kinect is not plugged in ...apparently)

Hope this helps you all out. Let me know

- Fearless (The Gamerscore ***)

Sorry this didn't help.

Did the reset thing. Everything pops for a day or two and then nothing pops again. No achievement notifications or friends online notification are poping. Been going on for a while now. I don't want to do a Hard Reset every day. Is anyone else having the same issues?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had this problem from day 1 as well. Any notification that pops up are very delayed (Usually a few mins) I tried the Hard Reset and it didn't fix anything. I really hope they look into this frustrating problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, guys! This thread was originally posted in April. There have been a few console updates since this. If you could, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way we can get you the individual support that works best on the forums! :)

Sorry this didn't help.