Nothing Working

Ok I have tried everything in all the sticky post, etc and nothing works. I went from having a perfectly functioning Xbox playing games to now being a throwback to the early 1900's as my xbox now has no sound since my first initial failed download of the new content. 

The download refuses to finalize and just gets stuck about a quarter of the way through each time. After deleting, clearing the cache, resetting modem, pulling hard drive, all reattempts end in failure. Downloaded the USB files and tried that with no success, downloaded the CD files also had no success. All reattempts at resetting, etc still end in failure. 

I reset the networks and run the live test which ends up in it informing me of an available download and then the same process all over again or it doesn't connect and fails

Only thing that pops up each time after it goes through the failed 3 attempts to download is below

3524-396B-A080-0F00-8007-274C

The information which appears if it fails to pass the connection test is below but this changes each time

W: 0000-0021

X: 4000-1001

Y: 0000-0000

Z: 000-0000

ID: 0001-0002

Also do no know if this has anything to do with it but I cannot access Xbox with my IE9 Browser now and had to download Google Crome to get to the forums

What the hell gives

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I get the same......

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Tomp - the one thing I'm not seeing you tried is a direct connection using an ethernet cable. Would you be able to try this, just for the purpose of downloading the update? Once it's downloaded and installed, you will be able to revert back to your regular network configuration. You may have to clear the original failed update first. To do so, disconnect your console from LIVE, then:

1. Press the "Guide" button, then scroll to the right and select System Settings.  
  2. Choose Storage.
  3. Highlight the hard drive, then input the following button sequence: LB RB X LB RB X

After this process completes, then try that direct connection between your modem and your console, and let me know if that allows the update to get downloaded and installed. :) 

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried using a direct connection which is no easy task since I have to run it from my loft upstairs all the way into my living room. I connected the line directly to my Uverse Router/Modem and it just got stuck about a quarter way through again. The storage shows the file of 151 MB same as if I download from USB or CD but it does not initiate for some reason. I'll try the LB/RB, etc. But if its a no go that's about as far as I am going I have an entire house worth of things set up and running flawlessly off of my wireless router and I am not going to *** up everything else just trying to get something working that was working perfectly on this same setup just a couple days ago.

The sucky thing is I can't even play games  or do anything even by myself as now there is no sound from my xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

No go as it did the same thing regardless if I use wired or wireless and even using the LB/RB/X, etc it still stops about a quarter of the way during the download process and then makes 2 more attempts before halting. Now on top of no sound my kinect no longer works. So I am going from bad to worse every time I try these different request. I am done and am not doing anything further until MS figures out this mess they created. This is the Red Ring all over again. I'll check back in a month or so and if no fix has been made or if Microsoft is not repairing the boxes they screwed up at their cost then I will cancel my subscriptions which I have had since almost day one of live, scrap the box and file with the BBB. This is ridiculous.

Not blaming you all as your just trying to help but MS needs to do something to fix this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Tomp, I definitely understand your frustration. You are welcome to try again in a month, but many people are receiving this update without issue, and we should be able to help you take the update with a few additional troubleshooting steps. So it looks like you used Miss Portia's steps to remove the update--when you tried updating again, did you use the direct connection, or did you revert to a wireless (or wired through a router) connection? Also, have you had a chance to try updating via a USB drive? You can find out how by following step 5 here.

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried every way given and possible with no success. Did USB and CD with no success as it fails to initiate and I don't see any way for me to tel it to install the update. It shows as a 151 mb file in my hard drive but does nothing. I understand there are millions who are getting the update as I have friends who got it no problem but there are millions more who seem to be having major issues just like mine and perhaps unlike them I am not willing to wreck havoc on my home setup which has many more things connected than just my xbox. Everything has run flawlessly for years and now after failed download after download my xbox is getting worse and worse. My buddy who was downloading the update same time as me because we were trying to play some MW3 had his box jacked up as well but he has a whole set of different problems to sort out. So for two boxes to go down at basically the same time but with different issues shows this update has wider implications than MS is letting on and its not just a network thing.

Sorry this didn't help.

So to update I got the new update to load but have no clue to the rhyme or reason as I had to use 3 different USB drives and on the 3rd one which happened to be the oldest piece of crap thumb drive I have after plugging it in and restarting the xbox the update performed. Everything eventually came up after a few updates. So I am thinking fantastic after a week of meddling with this thing. Then reality smacked me in the face. I put in my MW3 Disc went sit in my chair to play and up pops a screen saying update available. I say no at this time so I can play, game spools up, opening screen and  then I hear a friggin strange noise i have never heard before and walk to the xbox open the disc door, pull out my brand new MW3 game to find it has been destroyed. There is a huge ring etched completely around the disc. Even the disc cleaner did nothing to get it out. To top it all off I find i still have a mute xbox now as absolutely no sound comes out of the box whether on the TV or through the headphones. I don't know if I was better off without the update now. I still got no sound but am now so skittish about putting any more of my dvd's in the drive to meet the same fate as my new game.

WTF am I supposed to do now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Tomp, I'm extremely sorry to hear about the game! Discs can be damaged if the console is moved (even slightly) during use. For best results, I suggest keeping your console positioned horizontally on a level, stable surface.

As for the update, I'm confused--based on your previous posts, I was under the impression that you did not have sound coming from your console since being unable to apply the update, but it sounds like you were able to update, correct? And still the audio issue persists? Can you please try using a different video cable? While it would be a good idea to try a video cable of the same type (a different HDMI cable if you're using HDMI, for instance), it would be even better if you could try a different type of cable. Can you please give that a go? 

Sorry this didn't help.

Well the unit was sitting flat in the cabinet and no movement whatsoever. So I am now spooked as hell if I want put any more $60 games in the thing. As for the sound stopped after the first failed download attempt. I had hoped with the update in place the sound would return but it has not. I tried pulling the hard drive, unplugged the component cables and everything then replaced them but no sound. I took my my DVD/bluray  component cable and plugged it into the same plugs on my TV where the Xbox was plugged and sound works fine. I now have to go buy a new component cable to test and see if that is the problem and if it isn't I am out the money for cables which if that is the case will hopefully be able to return. This update is getting costly as I will now have to shell out close to $100 for new game and cables when my box was working perfectly fine before all of this.

MS had a great gaming xbox and system and had to mess everything up trying to force feed this and turn my gaming box into a multimedia box. I got a TV, Computer, etc if I want all of that don't need it on my gaming console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Tomp, I don't want you to have to buy another set of cables; alternatively, do you think you could try taking your console to a friend's house, to try with their cables and TV?

Sorry this didn't help.