Not your common NAT problem!!

Hi all,

So I have moderate NAT problem, and it's really driving me crazy. I have 2 consoles set up using the same router as follows:

1. Xbox 360 Elite

-> LAN switch->Home plug->Router = Open NAT (works like a charm)

2. Xbox 360S

->Wireless->Router=Moderate NAT

Both consoles use the same router, are on the same network, have manual IP addresses (but different IP). For the 360S I have tried wired and wireless, restarted everything a bazillion times but I still have moderate NAT. I have managed to join parties and/or games of some friends but not of others.

My router has UPnP on, and everything that is necessary excluding port forwarding. The router should not be problem because the Elite works fine. So why isn't the other console working as it should?

Thanks,

Ivan

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Ok, so I did some changes. I set port fowarding for the ports 88 & 3074 to my second console and the NAT is now open. Just to make sure, I checked the NAT on the first console and it's also open.

So can someone please explain why it's working now?

Thanks,

Ivan

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

In all honesty it shouldn't be, for a router to support more than 1 xbox it should only have UPnP enabled. Once you DMZ or port forward you're giving a single device exclusive access to that port which should, based on the way it's supposed to work, set up 1 xbox with always open and the other always restricted.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.