Not Turning On Right and Cuts To Black Screen Mid-Game

Ive owned my 360 for little over a month now, and already im having troubles (It's a 250gb slim btw). Ive had problems with controllers randomly disconnecting and such in the past, but now ive got a more annoying one. Sometimes when im playing a game or just doing something simple like writing a message, the screen suddenly goes blank, although my 360 stays on and controller seeminly stays connected. However after a reset, the 360 turns on but the controller won't connect, nothing is displayed on the screen and no sound either, and no rings of light appear on the console around the green dot. The console turns itself off after 5/10 minutes and works fine after but it's not long before the screen cutting out thing happens again, and i have to do the same thing again. Oddly though the longer i leave it off after waiting the 5/10 mins, the longer the 360 survives before cutting to a black screen again. And now it's not even starting up any more, leaving me with a 360 that turns on, then turns off 5 mins later, and that's about it.

So my question is, is there a way to fix this, or do you know how it's caused?

Some (hopefully) helpful information to know is that the light on the power block hasn't gone red, is sitting flat and is well ventilated, so is the console itself, and the dot always stays green on the console itself. Also, my PS3 Slim is still working perfectly after 18 months 

Been looking all over google but i can only find things relating to the older consoles pre-slim. Thanks in advance if someone knows how to help 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Just would like to add that when the screen cuts out blank, it re appears after a bit but soon goes again, and also it will not turn on properly even if the screen comes back.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It actually sounds like an HDMI cable or HDMI port issue. Try using a new HDMI cable and in a different HDMI port on the tv and see if that resolves the issue. You could also try the component HD cable (if you have it) just to see if that fixes it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ill try that now, but i have tried switching it on without a hdmi cable or any other cable plugged bar the power connector, and still got the same problem :( Thanks for replying :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Wow you are a hero, i switched the hdmi cables around on my PS3 and 360, and now my PS3 is not displaying anything and my 360 is working once again. Still don't get why it wouldn't turn on properly, but if it works now then all is good :) I feel so dumb now lol. Thanks again!

Sorry this didn't help.