Not sure what to do

I have a XBOX 360 Elite with 120 gb storage.  My problem is that I get 3 or 4 red rings at random.  It will work for about a month then it shows the rings again.  Also my network port does not work.

If I send in my XBOX and the red rings dont show up will they just send it back  ???  Also will they look to make sure the network ports work ??.

My XBOX has been repaired before about 2 years ago.  I dont mind paying for repairs but I know intermittent faults are hard to trouble shoot.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey there Lasus! In addition to Draig's post, I would recommend checking out our Flashing Lights Wizard for more help diagnosing the exact nature of your issue. Let us know if that helps, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When you get the 3 red lights, what color is the light on your power brick? If it is anything other than green, try turning off your xbox and then disconnect the power brick from the xbox, wall, and the cable going into the brick. Then plug it all back in and see if that corrects the issue.

If the light on the power brick is green, send it in for repair. I would recommend including a note that the issue is intermittent if you do decide to send it in for repair. By the way, it is cheaper to submit your repair online rather than calling xbox support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.