Not Seeing Network

My xbox does not see my network. Every other device I have (including the computer I am using now) sees the network and its working. There is a red light on my wireless adapter. The console is 4 feet from the wireless router. I was using it last night just fine and logged in this morning and as it was joining a game said I needed to sign into xbox live. It says I need to use a wireless adapter to connect to the internet.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hey Colt, Sorry to see that you are having some issues with your wireless adapter, but it appears that there is an issue with your wireless adapter and according to the troubleshooter a "Solid Red light" means the following which can be found here Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter Troubleshooter

• A solid red light

Black with two antennae (wireless N adapter): The adapter is not recognized. Try plugging the adapter into a USB port on the front of your console.

Grey with one antenna (wireless G adapter): The adapter is ready for the next step: Configure and test your connection.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried everything and it says it should see a network and is ready to connect but it is not seeing any networks and I know of at least five in my apartment complex that it should see.

Sorry this didn't help.

I figured out the problem, I recently had to send my xbox back to get a repair. They sent me one back after 4 weeks and it worked fine, until now. I tried plugging the wireless adapter into the front and now it works. So basically xbox sent me back an xbox with a bad usb plug in the back. $100 well spent. I think I will be switching to Playstation 4 when it comes out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Colt! If you just recently got your console repaired, you would have a 90-day warranty from that time. You can set up another repair to get that taken care of at no cost if you are within that time frame. I'm truly sorry for this frustration. Please let me know if you have any trouble with setting up another repair. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.