Not My Account,

My account (Gunner 101st) is linked to an old, out-dated email with a password I've forgotten a few time (but I remember at the moment). I wanted to switch it to my newer email, but when I clicked on Link Gammertag on the main page, assuming I'd be able to fix things from there, it creates a random Silver account for this WLID. I can't move my Gold account to this WLID while the silver one's there, and I cant't find a way to terminate the account as a whole. I tried calling the Xbox support (cause I think it said to call them about something like that) but I'm getting caught up in an incappable answering machine that takes the 'Account Managment' out of "Billing and Account Managment," and in truth, I hate getting the run-around anyway. Is there a way I can delete this Silver Account (ExplosivePaper3) off of my WLID so I can move my Gold account (Gunner 101st) onto via computer?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'm sorry, but there's no way ( at least none known to me) to delete a silver account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having the same issue too. Is there a way you can delete the WLID altogether and then re-create a new WLID (the same one the silver membership was on) to put the gold membership on to?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't just delete a WLID from an account. You can change it to something different.

Sorry this didn't help.

K...well I have a WLID with an old gamertag on it that I haven't used in a couple years, but I want to use that WLID with the gamertag (the one I've been using the last 2 years) that's on my mom's WLID but I can't transfer it to my own WLID now because I'm stuck with this silver membership. There should be a way to delete old accounts.

Sorry this didn't help.

Delete? No. You can "morph" the email into something else (as long as it isn't a hotmail/live.com email) at account.live.com.

Otherwise, you have to go through a lengthy swapping on the console that will require a third email registered as a WLID, but NOT on a gamertag.

Download the gamertag with the email you want to use to the console. If this profile was created less than thirty days ago, you'll have to wait for 30 days before you can do the follow:

Go to account management and to the third panel, "your information", select "Windows Live ID" and then Change WLID. Enter the current password, the new email and password.

I am not positive, but you may have to wait 30 days before you can put the email you want to the gamertag  you want after that.

Complicated, but doable!

Sorry this didn't help.