Not exactly an Xbox specific question, but how do I get sound out of my VGA cord?

I plugged my xbox to my monitor. Got an adaptor for the red and white wires, plugged it into my laptop, and no sound. I am starting to get really ticked off.

So if you didn't understand that, I plugged my red and white wires into a female RCA cord. That cord hooks up to a headphone jack, and should relay sound out of my laptop speakers, but it isn't working. How do I get it to work?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I tried it, and there is no where to tweak it to set it to play out of the speakers.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You need to plug it into the mic jack on your laptop. The headphone jack outputs sound and the mic jack inputs sound. You might also need to tweak the sound settings by right clicking on the speaker in the system tray and clicking on "Recording Devices." If you need more help let me know.

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you have a mic jack on your laptop? It would have to be a separate port with an icon like the one on the left with the yellow accents. i.ebayimg.com/.../5tQAAOxybLpRghpe$(KGrHqIOKpMFFyvV80QIBRghpeORtg~~60_35.JPG

Once you plug it in there should be another device shown in "Recording devices." You might have to adjust it to give you playback through your speakers. You should select which will probably be called "Line In" or "Mic" and then adjust the volume in the "Levels" tab. If it gives you the option of "Line In" or "Mic" select "Line In" or else it won't play in stereo, just mono. If you don't have a mic jack, which I doubt, then you will have to find another set of speakers to use. If you still need help let me know what model laptop you have and I can look up specifics for you.

Sorry this didn't help.