Not Connecting to XBL unti after I've done "Test Connection"

XBox Live isn't connecting at boot like it should, for at least a week now (and maybe longer; I wasn't using the console over some of the Xmas break).

I try to connect and it tells me it can't. I then "Test Connection", which tests fine, and then I connect to XBL just fine. WTH?

There's no error code associated with the error, afa I can see. I know there's some profile issue going on since December that's deleting profiles off MS' servers or something... unsure if this is related somehow.

Anyone else having same/similar issue(s)? 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey Zerst, sorry to hear about the sign-in issues! To get to the bottom of this issue, would you mind re-downloading your profile from the sign in menu, using the 'download profile' option? Please do let us know if that makes any difference!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been avoiding this because I keep hearing your suggestion blowing up in peoples' faces, causing them to have to wipe their systems and being offline entirely.

I'll see if I can overcome the trepidation and give it a shot soon.

Sorry this didn't help.

A network reset to factory defaults does not fix this issue.

Downloaded the profile again--no change, still broken.

Tried DMZing the 360 tonight as well, just for kicks. Also failed to fix anything.

Switching to a hardwired connection from wireless: also does not fix this.

The system can log in just fine after a Connection Test is performed. So the settings are already correct. The Xbox is clearly displaying two different behaviors attempting to do the same thing--log into Live--which is basically a bug by any reasonable definition.

Could we just agree the system update is broken and save everyone all the needless experimentation, fishing, and posturing? :(  I do hope there's some plan to reimburse people for all their downtime and hassle, too. My prepaid year expires at the end of this month, in fact.

Sorry this didn't help.