Not Connecting On Startup

For the past week my Xbox doesn't connect to XBL whenever I turn it on. It just says I signed in. However, when I go to test the connection, it works every time, and this is the way I have to start playing every time. It's getting incredibly annoying and I feel like I have tried everything. I've turned off my router, I've tried every combination of DNS settings (since for some reason on automatic I don't have a secondary DNS server, I just get 0.0.0.0). I've opened ports, I've done everything. 

Here's my network hardware and settings info

• Using the regular Xbox 360 with the white regular wireless adapter
  • Router: Netgear R6300v2

The router puts out two signals, a 5GHz and a 2.4GHz. The 5GHz is noticeably faster and that is the one I use. 

My problem isn't connecting, it's connecting automatically. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I have just purchased the black dual band n router and it doesn't even connect to the network? any help? keep getting incorrect password error or ip address error and i know for a fact that the password is correct

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Tha Nice Boonky,

I'm going to assume you have put the correct wireless key into the network settings, but are you asking for a Static IP/DNS?

I'm not sure, but for now it should be set to automatic for both IP and DNS so the router can assign you one (If you had it set to static previously, it would be configured for your old router, meaning a mismatch on addresses).

If you don't know your DNS settings, contact your ISP, or use Google's DNS service developers.google.com/.../public-dns

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.