Not answering my questions.

I've posted a couple of times now and both times I've received an e-mail saying this is not the forum to make my posts in. Which I don't understand because I've read the rules for this forum and I'm sure my posts are within those standards.

Can you please tell me where I can re-post the following posts so I can actually get an answer instead of just being ignored? This is getting ridiculous.

And if you need it, my gamertag is: I Wear Top Hats

These were the posts I tried to make:

Post 1:

A couple of days ago my account was permanently banned for changing my avatar color. I called support about this and after about an hour I finally got to someone who had some explanation. All they basically said is that they can't give me my account back or transfer the membership to another account and then told me to come to this forum to try and get it back. The reason they gave me for changing an avatar color being a bannable offense is that is a type of modification and all modification is the same.

I believe that statement is wrong and that there are many different types of modifications and not all of them are deserving of a permanent ban. Modding that uses a modified xbox and negatively affects other people or steals something would by all means be deserving of a ban. But changing your avatar color is a "modification" that doesn't require a modified xbox and doesn't affect anyone in any way. So I see no reason for this to make me deserving of losing my account and the gold membership I payed for.

And to prove that not all modifications affect a gaming company in a negative way, just take a look at Minecraft for PC. The company just recently achieved 8 million sold copies and they wouldn't be where they are today without the simple modifications from the community. They have even talked about implementing something like these mods into the xbox version of the game.

So hopefully by reading this you'll understand where I am coming from and that my account doesn't deserve the ban it has been given. I have been a five year member and have enjoyed those years quite well and I want to continue to be a member of the xbox community.

Thanks,

Austin (GT: I Wear Top Hats)

Post 2:

I posted in this forum two days ago about the reason my account was permanently suspended and received an e-mail saying that my post was deleted. The e-mail said that my post was deleted was because this forum is only for, "questions about why a gamertag is suspended." Now tell me, I've read the rules for this section, and where does it say this statement? 

Now I am starting to get angry, first I get my account banned for a reason that I don't believe is fair. Next I called xbox support and got disconnected twice and have to wait half an hour for a call back because I "made to many requests for a call." The support agent that calls me tells me that there is nothing she can do, but if I wanted to try and get my account back, I would have to make a post in the "My LIVE account was suspended" forum. Then 2 days after making my post, I reviceved the e-mail above that didn't in any way respond to the questions I asked, or tell me the right place to post them.

Now I don’t know if this is the right place to ask this, but honestly tell me, do you truly believe that this is the right way to treat a customer that has been with your company for five years?

Thank you,

Austin

Now if you can't answer my questions, can you maybe direct me to someone higher up that actually can answer me?

I hope we can figure this out,

Austin

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

EDIT: The forum I posted in before was "15 - My Xbox LIVE Account Was Suspended"

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

you have to mod your account to change the avatar skin color which is not allowed that is why you were perm banned and when you are perm banned you forfeit all your remaining LIVE gold, MS points and anything you bought and downloaded.  did you post in the suspension forums forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx ?  they would have replied with something like this: This Xbox LIVE account has been permanently suspended due to unauthorized modification of your avatar, Gamerscore, Gamertag or other profile data.

These modifications may include, but are not limited to:

-     Altering the appearance of your avatar outside of the default parameters

-     Illegitimate gain of achievements or avatar awards

-     Application of watermarks or other special identifiers that were not legitimately granted

-     Unauthorized manipulation of in-game parameters

To help avoid future account suspensions, please review the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct and the Terms of Use here:

www.xbox.com/.../CodeOfConduct

www.xbox.com/.../LiveTOU

Sorry this didn't help.

But what I was trying to get at is the person I talked to on the phone told me, "Every modification is  the same" and that was why they treated every modification with a permanent ban.

The support person's statement isn't true and if you look at my first post I talked about why this isn't true.

Sorry this didn't help.

this is true the only mod that does not get a perm ban is modding your game score to have 100% of certain games to be unlocked they only reset the score and add the cheater brand even thou you still need to mod the account to get those scores to 100%.  I personally and a lot of us think that game score modding should have the perm ban apply to that too as it requires modding the account just as modding your avatar skin to anything outside of the default options.  in the end you modded your avatar skin color that is why you were banned and if they PET were to reply to your post it would be what I posted above only difference is the part I  made bold would be in the colors of what you changed your avatar skin color to, but this depends on which PET enforcer replies.  and due to the lots of posts they do not always post in the forum instead they reply to the email associated with the game tag.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've TRIED asking them this. That is why I came to this forum. They just ignore the content of my posts and tell me "This account was banned for changing avatar color." Which if they read my post they could've found out that I obviously know that.

Can you tell me why they don't respond to the content of my posts? Am I not worth it or something?

Sorry this didn't help.

no it just that if you post in the suspension forum (like you said you did) they will only give you the same cut pate answer nothing more nothing less.  it sucks but that is all you can do is create a new account and don't mod it and resume your time on live you will not get any other answers than that standard message why you were banned, sorry.

Sorry this didn't help.

oh and it does say what you can and cannot do in the Code of Conduct: Don’t make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents. Some offenses warrant an immediate permanent suspension, including without limitation: hacking, modding, fraud, severe racial remarks, nudity on the Xbox LIVE Vision camera or Kinect camera, repeated creation of inappropriate gamertags or profile content, or posting viruses or URLs to viruses

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes it says that, but honestly about 90% of people don't read the terms of use/code of conduct and they should expect that by warning people.

I think the "modifications" part of the code of conduct should go like this:

Modifications that use a modified xbox (such as a JTAG, etc.) should deserve a permanent ban. (These also affect other people directly)

---These mods would include using "cracked" games, modding games to give an unfair advantage, or stealing things from the online store.

====================

Modifications that don't require a modified xbox and don't affect other players directly deserve:

-Gamerscore mods: Warning and and gamerscore reset, then ban.

-Changing avatar colors: Warning, then ban.

-Crowns: warning and crown reset, then ban.

=====

=====

Honestly, the the code of conduct is not set up in a way that is fair to the players. Now because they can't simply send me a warning, they just expect me to pay another 60$. Maybe this is just a way for them to make more money.

Sorry this didn't help.

well then that is on the users for not reading it, the code of conduct is the ONLY warning you get and you do not get banned for game score resets, unless you mod it again after it was reset then you get the ban.  sorry you got banned but now that you know what can and will get you thrown off of live and losing all your content and MS points/live gold you will not repeat that mistake again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Your right, because I won't be using Live again.

Now I finally see why PSN is better.

Sorry this didn't help.