Not a cheater!

So, a few years ago, my XBL account was (in a way) taken. There was a website that said it could get you microsoft points, and asked for the account email and password. I put it in, not understanding what that would do, and then a couple days later, there goes our account. Yes, it was stupid. Yes, I deserved it.

The thing is, XBL support gave me a brand new account, along with enough microsoft points to change the name to my liking. But the new account was deemed a "cheater." I understand why that would happen, but I don't at the same time. Can someone shed some light?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Greetings, SgtMufiinChiilD. You can ask for clarification in the forum that I Dashboard It linked: forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx. They will be able to clarify your situation. Thank you!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you created the new account yourself, it shouldn't be labeled as 'cheater.' Or did Support themselves give you the new account? If they gave you the new account, it shouldn't be labeled 'cheater.' If it was, I suggest calling them up to resolve it.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's why I said I understand I was labeled cheater. But I figured the new account I was given shouldn't have been.

Sorry this didn't help.

You were most likely labeled a cheater since using these sites is 'cheating' in a way. If you created a new account that was labeled cheater, it shouldn't have any enforcement action take on it.

-

You can try to appeal it here:

forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.