None of the suggested solutions have worked to connect to Xbox Live

I got my Xbox for Christmas and have enjoyed using it for Xbox Live content and multi-player gaming.  It has had problems downloading updates ever since I got it.  I just thought that Xbox sent a lot of updates.  My daughter who has had an Xbox for some years told me that something was wierd because she rarely gets updates for her Xbox.  Anyway, I've had issues for some time with updates and now for the last 3 days I've been trying to get it to download.  I can't get anything to update.  I disconnected my Kinect about a month ago because it always seemed like it needed a Kinect update.

My Xbox connects to the internet but will not connect to Xbox Live.  My account status is good.  When downloading it gets to about halfway and then starts over 2 or 3 times before giving the can't download message.

The code for the message is 397F-0000-3080-0506-8B05-0018.  This code can't be found anywhere on this site.  I even tried Googling the code.

I've read all sorts of stuff on this site and have done all of the solutions suggested, but to no avail.  I've done all of the clearing, resetting, adjusting ports, completely turning off my firewall, direct connections, and USB copying that have been suggested.  We even took the Xbox to my daughters house and tried to get it to update.  It went all the way to 100% and restarted but the update window popped up again as soon as it started.  She downloaded it several times before giving up.

My Equipment:

Xbox Model:1439/ 1414 

Netgear  GS605 5-port Ethernet Switch (GS605NA) 

Motorola SBG901 SURFboard Wireless Cable Modem Gateway

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi

You are right, I cannot find a match for that code so in that case you should contact support support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Request a call back or email them or phone them to discuss

Good Luck :o)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

omfg this is making me so mad i havent been able to play for 1 1/2 months now!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Old Legend, sorry to hear about the connection issues! If you don't already have one, please create your own thread with a full description of the issue, so we can help. :-) I recommend answering these bold questions in your thread, to give us a head start on troubleshooting.

Sorry this didn't help.