No wireless adapter found? in my slim which its built into?!?!?

K,so ive been *** around trying to get my slim to connect to my wireless, its been connected and not had issues for like i dunno almost a year or more, even before i had my gold account i was still connected to my wifi and had no issues, hadnt played in a few days, went to play xbox today, and BAM! no adapter found, ive had the issue before, its not my router as multiple other devices in the house are connected to it and working fine, havnt tried hard wireing it yet as i dont have an ethernet cable long enough, but i feel that is shouldnt be my only solution here as its a function built into the machine that i bought, im very careful with my electronics, and havnt had as many issues with wifi onany other device ive ever owned,

Like  isaid before it was having this issue before, but just leaving it off for a bit, or unplugging it and leaving it for the day and returning to it working, now ive been trying to figure out what to do to fix this, short of sending it away for repairs, not to sure on warranty information, as in had i set it up yet and what not, and if its not working, and out of warranty, how is this my issue to fix? when its a obviously wide spread issue, as im finding many many online forums with people having the same issue, i love my xbox and havnt switched from microsoft products for years, but this is really beginning to *** me off royally, and just wanna get it fixed, any help as far as warranty info, or ways to fix this problem would be greatly apprectiated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

ok awesome thanks brosky, strangly enough went on today to see if it was still dead, and its working, ill prolly still needa get er repaired though, or get a new wifi card to avoid this issue in the future

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Rebel spark86,

To check the warranty status of your product before you submit a repair request, go to Check your warranty status (you'll have to sign in with your Microsoft account if you're not signed in already).

Your project must be registered for you to check the warranty status.

Sorry this didn't help.

ya all signs are pointing to repair, i wouldnt mind if i had to use a ethernet wire, but ya like 20 foot of cable as opposed to no cable at all easy choice right lol? off topic kinda, but any ideas on warranty stuffs, like how can i check if im still covered blah blah blah.

Sorry this didn't help.

That is an option, but the point is to have a wireless connection.

Sorry this didn't help.

i suggest you also try and get a wire if possible it will run faster than wireless

Sorry this didn't help.

Sir, if it is not recognizing your adapter, then you need to get it repaired.

Sorry this didn't help.

check the adapter or try and go on Xbox wireless  setting and try and reboot it depends on what type you have.

Sorry this didn't help.