No wired connection found.

I am currently on my 2nd 360, and I don't want to have to buy a 3rd but a couple night ago due to a storm that happened overnight i think my ethernet port got fried. I have been using xbox live for quite a while and now it wont even register that there is a cable installed. I have had to get a new modem, due to the storm and I have also switched the cable but it still doesn't even show that it's connected. If it is a lost cause then I guess I am going to have to buy another console as I don't see a reason to pay 100 for this one to be repaired when I can get a new one for 150.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey!

You could try some of the steps here: support.xbox.com/.../cant-connect-to-xbox-live-wizard

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've done this, but when I click "wired connection" It states I need to connect an ethernet cable. I've used 4 different cord and none of them register.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

You've already nailed your issue I'm afraid. The storm has knocked out your Ethernet port. You will certainly need it repaired or by a new Xbox. I would recommend you use an RJ45 surge protector and mains power surge protector in the future, this problem is quite common in the states during seasons of bad weather.

Sorry this didn't help.