No video output except a "Friends" icon

I am completely at a loss here. My girlfriend and I were messing around with our avatars and I had just chosen that very abstract background of white and black for my gamer pic. The Xbox One flickered a couple times, but I thought nothing of it. Then, when it was refusing to load the pic, I just canceled out of the customize avatar area. All of a sudden, the screen flickered off and left only a single icon of the "Friends" tab in the center. I've tried resetting the Xbox One, tried different HDMI cables, using the low resolution reboot, but it always just shows this logo in the center. It doesn't even show the Xbox logo. I can hear sounds as though I were actually using the Xbox One; it even responds to my voice commands (I think... I only hear it making sounds in response), but it just won't stop. I am posting a pic here. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

[img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee271/lurker87/photo.jpg[/img]

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Sorry, guess it didn't post the image. Just use the link then. And yes, it is upside for some reason. Photobucket is being a pain.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Talked to customer support. Figured it out. It was a problem with reloading/rebooting or something, though they aren't exactly sure of the reason. However, we solved it by unplugging all cables and letting the power brick completely drain. Then we just plugged everything back in. That's it! Hope this is helpful to someone else.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.