No USB Drive Support. Microsoft, Please Explain.

I know this is a new concept.

I thought MS was up to date. There is this stuff called video, music, avi,, wmf,  that we make with our devices that we have been able to play for years, but suddenly MS does not know how to do this with Xbone. It must cost too much or something.

Like I said. Please explain.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

MS has already announced that external USB HDD support will be added in the near future.

Yeah, this is a feature that will be added in the future, rumoured to be an April update. I wouldn't like to say what media it will support though as I presume MS don't want to kill the focus on Xbox Music and Xbox Video. If they let you use your own digital media (that many people have obtained through piracy) then they will take in less money.

If you are looking for an explanation from MS you won't find it here.

Just pointing at the elephant in the room.

There is no elephant here, Microsoft might listen if you post in the feedback forums...just sayin'

[quote]Yeah, this is a feature that will be added in the future, rumoured to be an April update. I wouldn't like to say what media it will support though as I presume MS don't want to kill the focus on Xbox Music and Xbox Video. If they let you use your own digital media (that many people have obtained through piracy) then they will take in less money.[/quote]

They'll make no money from me. I just plug my USB into my TV instead, lol.

Ahhh the joys of having USB ports on your telly. I couldn't agree more :P