No signal when connecting Xbox to HDTV through HDMI lead.

My problem is having bought a second hand Xbox 360 Premium to replace a faulty Xbox 360 Premium when I plugged the replacement Xbox into the HDTV using the same HDMI lead as before there is no connection made between the Xbox and the TV, only way I can get a picture/sound is connecting through the AV leads but only the yellow, white and red leads. If I plug the faulty Xbox back in it connects in HD, if I plug the replacement Xbox into another HDTV through HDMI leads that also plays in HD. My brothers Xbox will also connect to my TV in HD. Have tried putting a switch box between Xbox and TV to no avail and have also tried  the Y button and right trigger display reset but nothing seems to work. Hoping someone has a solution to this problem, thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 67 Applies to:

Will try lowering the resolution on the replacement Xbox on the working tv, thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Let us know how it goes! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your reply but no it is not the cable in the link but the small spade male type two ended HDMI cable, have tried using the RCA component cable with Xbox end set to HD and that gives the same result as HDMI to HDMI, black screen and no sound.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried resetting the display resolution again on the replacement Xbox? What about connecting the replacement xbox to the working TV and lowering the resolutuon then testing again on the other TV? Are you using the same HDMI cable that the faulty XBox was using?

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, thanks for your help.

Sorry this didn't help.

When you say "HDMI cable" I assume you mean a YPbPr cable like shown in the following link?
www.amazon.com/.../ref=sr_1_1

Ensure that the switch on the cable that plugs into the 360 is set to HD. Are you using the same cable when switching consoles? If the replacement console works on a different TV I suspect the TV you are trying to use may not support the resolution that is setup on the replacement XBOX.

Try the following procedure again. Please be sure there is no disc in the console when doing this.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/troubleshoot/kb/xbox-kb

You will need to press and hold both the Y and Right Trigger at the same time as soon as the 360 turns on. If you did it correctly the 360 should restart again. If you can't get the 360 to reset the video settings try connecting the replacement 360 to the working TV and lower the resolution the 360 is running at then connect it back to the TV you can't get working.

Also make sure you have the correct cables plugged in securely to the TV. Sometimes it can be easy to mix up the order or plug the right channel into the Pr/Cr input.

Sorry this didn't help.