No signal through HDMI?

Okay, I'll start from the beginning. My friend and i were playing halo 4 at my place and had just finished the campaign. We decided to try out the multiplayer and Spartan ops. Since I don't have internet at my place we decided to go to his place to play. We hooked up my Xbox through and HDMI to his Sony bravia tv (same setup as I had at ny house, only with an Emerson tv instead) we played for a few hours before I decided it was getting late and I should go home. I wanted to replay the campaign on a higher difficultly so I hooked my Xbox back up to my tv through and HDMI, like always. Only this time when I turned on my Xbox nothing displayed on the screen. I've tried numerous fixes that I have found on other forums and none seem to help. I have tried: using a new HDMI, resetting the display settings (y+rt), blindly navigating the menus to turn display discovery on AND off (neither made a difference) blindly navigating to turn my resolution down, switching the ends of my HDMI around, putting different games into the drive, and pretty much anything that I could do without voiding my warranty. Giving up hope, I returned to using the component cable (red, yellow, and white), which is working fine... But I bought an HDtv so I could use my Xbox in hd... So this isn't really ideal for me. The next day, I returned to my friends house and told him about the problem, and he was just as dumbfounded as I was. We proceeded to hook up to his bravia through HDMI again to see if anything changed and the Xbox displayed just fine on his tv. I figured ny Xbox was just being temperamental so I shrugged it off. But when I returned home again that night, the Xbox still would not display on my tv! I ran through the list of things I had already done again but nothing changed. This is the first problem I've had with ny Xbox so far, and I would greatly appreciate any help/suggestions on what to do next.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey there Toxic! Just to be clear, when you ran the reset (Y + RT), you reset the console and as it was starting up, pressed and held the two buttons until the console fully started up, correct?

When you plug it in with the component cables, can you go in and change the settings at that time, then hook up the HDMI cable and try again?

Lastly, are you certain you are using the proper inputs on your TV and have your TV set to the proper settings? Let us know, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

1) yes I have ran the full reset to no avail. 2) I've changed every possible thing able to be changed whilst the component cables are hooked up. However being that it is ran through a component, the HDtv settings are not available. 3) I have factory reset my tv to make sure the settings are correct, and have tried every HDMI input on my tv.

Sorry this didn't help.

Bump? I still dont have any signal and nothing has changed... Can anybody help??

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again Toxic, sorry for missing your last post. On your TV, are you sure you are using the proper input? If you have multiple HDMI inputs, try all of them to see if you get any different results. Also, if your TV supports it, try setting it to "Game" mode.

Finally, and this is kind of a long shot, sometimes simply reversing the HDMI cable can help in video issues like this. Try swapping it around and see what happens. Let us know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.