No refund!!!

I am hoping that others have been in the same situation that i have as i have just spent the morning arguing with customer services based in Estonia that there has been a failing on their behalf. My subscription was due for renewal in September and I had forgotten that it was due for renewal but had the do not auto renew on. I also had an old card still registered and they have tried taking the years subscription from that old card. But it has taken since the 14th September to Monday 31st October for that payment to reject. So on Monday when I was asked to update my account details I did so and switched myself back to Monthly as cannot afford 39.99 with Christmas etc coming up. Thinking i would only be billed for the month as yearly was disabled. This morning i noticed that two payments had been taken. One for yearly and one for monthly. I called Xbox to why this has happened. They have no explanation as to why it had taken over 30 days for the payment to reject but as i was over their 30 day cancellation period i was not entitled to a refund of 39.99 and nor was i entitled for the refund of 5.99 for the monthly. 

How can I be charged for an error that was theirs. I have been using my new card with xbox live purchasing download etc since January this year, which they admit they can see is how my payments have been  made but their argument is that this is the way their system works! An hour and a half of a escalation leader stating that he didn't understand some words that i using such as "regulations" or whom i would be able to complain too regarding their decision. He just kept telling that his decision was final.

I have subcribed to XBOX live for five years and the one issue that arises they are unwilling or unable to listen. Has anyone else experienced this?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Well for one thing

You must pay off the previous balance before you can purchase another membership

You cannot change your plan after it renews

Membership does stack you should have followed the prompts and updated the payment method

Clicking another membership would cause another membership to be added

Also the 27 days is the grace period before a payment is rejected and suspended

Suggestion pay off the balance

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You must update the payment method with the new card

Just adding a new card wont help if the balance cannot be covered

Or you didn't click update payment method

You can do this on the dashboard or calling support to transfer the balance

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.