No previous driving wheels working ? Thankyou

I have a Forza Motorsport Fanatec.

And must play FM5 with the pad

As an old customer of yours i am pretty angry about it.

Not only because of this fact but also because no one has ever replied:

"yes there will be a patch" or  "Your FM licensed wheel will never work on XB1"

Obviously option number 2 will not make me or any other "wheel" player happy.

I really do expect ms to solve this issue, with renewd respect towards it's customers.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Hi Lenders,

I am very sorry that you have this problem. Unfortunately there has been a big hardware and software upgrade on the Xbox One compared to the Xbox 360 which has made these consoles very different. Sadly, this has meant that Xbox 360 accessories and games are not compatible with the Xbox One. I am sorry that this is an inconvenience for you.

Regards,

Finn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There isnt any news that Ive heard about to make your old wheel compatible with Xbox One. Before release of Xbox One it was widely reported that old accessories would not work with the new console. Feel free to visit the Feedback Forums found here forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx to voice your frustrations

Sorry this didn't help.

I am sorry but i just don't believe the "we can't" theory with a usb port on the side.

I really believe in a "we won't"

Sorry this didn't help.

This sucks. I do not believe it is impossible to make older Fanatec (and other)  wheels work with the Xbox One. Both the wheels and the xBox One support USB as well as wireless interfaces, this provides the necessary data transport. It requires only software/drivers to make the hardware work together. From what I understand Fanatec is willing to work towards developing this missing software component, but Microsoft is unwilling to cooperate in this development. I have purchased a Fanatec GT2 wheel specifically to use with my xBox 360 because the other wheels I had "Logitech MoMo Force and GT Force, which I used with my PC and PS3 were not compatible with the xBox 360. At the time, the only wheels available that would work with the xBox 360 were the "inferior" Microsoft Racing Wheel and the expensive, but much superior Fanatec GT2 setup (which cost more that my xBox One console). I bit the bullet and purchased the Fanatec GT2 Wheel, Club-Sport Pedals and Shifter. I was not disappointed, this was by far the Best racing simulation wheel setup I have seen, anywhere. It completely transformed Forza 4 and all other xBox 360 Driving simulations. When I saw the ads for Forza 5 on the xBox One, I decided to purchase an xBox One specifically for this title, expecting to continue to use my Awesome Fanatec wheel setup. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered it would NOT Be Compatible !  The Fanatec GT2 wheel setup is the best available in the market right now, the xBox One is argueably the best gaming platform. It would be stupid not to allow them to work together. I hope Microsoft can do something to make this happen. If not I will soon be purchasing a PS4, which supports Fanatec.

Wayne Collins

Sorry this didn't help.