No Network Problems, But Can't Play Multiplayer

Hi, all.

Recently I've been having issues playing online. This is mostly in regards to Halo Master Chief Collection and Call of Duty Advanced Warfare.

On Halo MCC, I played for a few weeks with no issues, then all of a sudden, after one game I was unable to find any other match. It shows "Searching for players..." but after hours of letting it search or retrying I have played zero games. After going through many, many steps to rectify this, I was able to play two games, after which this all began again and none of my previous steps worked this time. On Call of Duty AW, every time I search all it says is "No Games Found."

I'm not sure why this is happening, but here is the results of tests, and the steps I have tried:

Xbox Live connection test shows everything is good. I can access all Xbox Live features besides online multiplayer in games.

Xbox Live Multiplayer test says that "Everything is good." and there are no problems with my xbox live multiplayer.

NAT is OPEN.

I usually use a static IP set up with port-forwarding for Xbox and Halo MCC ports. I have attempted using both static and dynamic IP addresses, and manual and automatic settings listed in network configuration. I have tried hard-resetting my Xbox multiple times, and resetting my router multiple times. I have used wired and wireless connections. I have tried moving my games from internal to external storage, as well as re-installing my games. I have used my DNS settings, and I have used the Google DNS settings. I have tried joining games while in a party with my friends (they find games easily by themselves, but if I attempt to play with them we are not able to find any matches). 

Basically, I have tried everything possible that I can think of. Each time I try, my Xbox Live connection and my Xbox Live Multiplayer connection tests show that everything should be working, and my NAT shows as open unless I disable the NAT setting on my router. Because of my internet provider, my router can only act in bridge mode. My modem is a CISCO-DPC3825 and my router is an Asus RT-N66U Dual Band N900 router. Like mentioned above, this problem began out of nowhere. I have been able to play online games fine since my purchase of my Xbox one last year. 

The only change I have noticed, is my reputation has decreased to "Avoid Me" due to circumstances beyond my control. (Flawed Halo MCC host-deciding architecture). I have made a post in the enforcement forum to have this undeserved reputation amended by Xbox staff. However, I don't think this would completely bar me from being able to find any online match.

If anyone has ANY suggestions.... Please let me know. This has been going on for 4 or 5 days now.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 51 Applies to:

I live in Saskatoon, SK, Canada and my provider is Shaw. This is the only console connected to my network.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

restore your router to factory settings, and hard reset the console, and start trying things. right now its too many open ends to find out what the issue is so cut it off and start with a fresh connection.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issues for about the same amount of time now, and there is nothing wrong with my network either; and all the test says the same “Everything is Good” yet I am unable to play any game online?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've factory reset my router and had the same issue. The ONLY explanation is my reputation. My reputation is "Avoid Me" because of the pathetically flawed system Xbox uses. And of course, I receive zero support from any Xbox staff members apart from the usual generic replies they give to anyone.

Very poor customer service on Xbox's part. The amount of money I have spent on this console and games is insane, and to be not able to play ANY online game because of Xbox's system is infuriating. Do either of you know who I can contact to fix my reputation? It is one hundred percent undeserved and for Xbox to allow other players to play judge-jury-executioner is absolutely dreadful.

Sorry this didn't help.

@play video games

if you have friends, have them refer you. it easily counters the bad. unless you have no friends. then I guess go to the "find friends" section. the system says avoid me only after MANY people avoid you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, there is an issue with Halo MCC assigning me host in games, which (due to my poor upload speed) results in me being able to play like normal and everyone else lag badly. This results in many reports against me, even though it is beyond my control. I can't be expected to quit out of every ranked game in which im host just to preserve my reputation. I have something like 24 reports against me for "cheating" although I would assume Xbox has systems in place to detect network manipulation. (Bungie did, and 343i should, as well.) So because of Xbox's poor systems, I as a legitimate gamer, get punished. I created a new account and I find matches almost instantly, confirming to me that Xbox are the ones preventing me from finding games. How am I supposed to regain my reputation if I am not able to play? Terrible, terrible choice by Xbox.

Anyways, I will resort to creating new accounts each time my rep gets too low. It's unfortunate, but I have received zero support from anyone on the Xbox staff.

Sorry this didn't help.

Once again, like I stated, have friends post positive reviews. Or maybe just lay off the multiplayer in that specific game and stick with games not dependent on user hosting. Rep will repair itself over time if you have no friends. There are many games out right now I'm sure you can find something else to play for a few weeks. You have answered your own question though, there's nothing support can do for your reputation, and bashing them isn't going to get you anywhere, so I suggest letting sleeping dogs lie and just move on.

Sorry this didn't help.