No longer have in game chat

Hello,

I have been racking my head now for the last few days over this.

We have had 3 xbox's setup on LAN. We have had no issues with in game chat on any of COD or HALO games or any others. We have just had the basic free membership of LIVE. The kids and I received Halo 4 for Christmas and we had no problem with the voice/chat in the game. We then went and used the code that allowed us to play online for 14 days and that was all perfect. I had bought the kids both a 3 month XBOX live gold cards. One of my sons in puted his and was playing. We decided to go ahead and play a system link game and we had the game lobby chat working but as soon as the game started there was no chat. We then tried CODMW3 and had the same problem. You can see the little speaker icons on the screen showing there is talk going on but no sound was coming out of the headsets. When he is on xbox live with his freinds everything works perfect. Now this is an issue with all 3 xbox's. I have gone and verified that all the voice settings are correct. I have reset the router. When i do the network system check test it says it fails with the NAT. Sometimes it would work though. The router is a FIOS MI424-WR. I assigned the xbox's static ip's. I am becoming frustrated because everything was perfect before any of the xbox live codes were used. As of now my two kids have there xbox live gold memberships and i still have just the basic free membership. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am going crazy over this since it worked perfect before and there have been no changes to the router.

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

When you download profile, it will be at the last state it was when connected to live the last time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok update time,

I was able to solve the NAT issues on the xbox's. I changed them to DHCP instead of static. They both passed the network test. I still have the problem with game chat sound. When playing COD MW3 the speaker icon shows on the screen to indicate someone is talking but there is no sound. It is as if it is muted. I have verified headsets are not muted and gone through the voice settings and preference settings. Like i indicated before there were never any issues with game chat until i upgraded the kids to xbox gold, i am still at the free membership. When they play online or do party chats they have no issues. I had game lobby chat when playing Halo 4 but as soon as game started we lost all voice chat. It acts like if we do a system link LAN game the voice is muted.

Thank you

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there!  OK, so making sure I'm following everything here.  You and your kids have been playing Halo 4 system linked just in the home. (Sounds super fun, btw!) And everything was going fine.  Then after you used a 14 day trial and they signed up for Gold (your account still being free) you are now auto-muted in all those system linked games?

There's a couple things I want you to try.  First is clearing the cache on all the systems: http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache and the second is on each system go to the Sign In screen and use the "download profile" option there to recover the profile you'll be playing with on that system and then give it another try.  Thanks! 

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok i will give those two suggestions a try. One question, when i go and download "my profile" from Live will it be a current version or will it be an older version? I am afraid of loosing any progress.

Thank you

Sorry this didn't help.

Yep!  Like Jameser78 said, it will get some info off LIVE (for example the current status of achievements and such will show whatever is current on Xbox.com) but anything like saved games will remain as they are.

Sorry this didn't help.