No longer able to connect to xbox live via laptop network

Initially, my xbox is connected to my laptop via LAN cable and uses the internet from it's wireless connection to connect to xbox live

All was working fine when household internet went off and needed a reboot

Ended up using a LAN cable to connect my laptop directly to the router to diagnose and fix the issue

In this event, a pop-up had arisen and asked to disable DHCP, and i did.

Internet issue was resolved and all hardware is able to connect to wi-fi

Re-plugging my LAN cable to my laptop and xbox, when attempting to reconnect to xbox live, it failed to connect to internet but managed to connect to network

I attempted to look online to re-activate my DHCP and i THINK i have managed to do so...

But i now cannot connect to Network from my xbox and have been left without xbox live

Each time i diagnose the LAN cable it asks me to unplug modem as if trying to connect to a router

Can anyone help?

In my network connections i have LAN cable (unidentified network), Wireless Network connection (talktalk, shared) and Wireless Network connection 2 (not connected)

all have automatic IPv6 and IPv4 address automatic in an attempt to reconnect DCHP

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Greetings Ultim!

Appreciate if you could post up the make and model of your router and your modem as well (if this is not a single device).

Could you try connect your console with a different Ethernet cable, if the one you use has become faulty.

I assume, since you share your computer's Internet connection to connect your console to Xbox LIVE, that you don't have the option to directly connect your console to the router, correct? However, if this is an option, could try connect the Xbox directly to the router. Make sure your restore Xbox network settings to factory defaults. Go to Xbox network settings and select Configure Network. Select the Additional Settings tab and select Restore network settings to factory defaults.

You may also try undo your current sharing method and reconfigure your setup. Here's how! 

Keep us posted! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.