No longer able to connect to Xbox live - NAT error

I have 2 Xbox 360s in my house. Both are connected to my network wirelessly. We have been using Xbox live on both computers for well over a year. Simultaneously with two different accounts. About 4 days ago one of the xboxes keeps getting disconnected when trying to lay any games, including but not limited to COD: Black Ops II, Minecraft or NBA 2k12. When I do a network connection I get the error regarding NAT problems. I have connected the Xbox via wired connection but still get the same error. I have changed many of the settings in the suggestions including opening up different ports, changing the setting to Open instead of moderate but none of the changes had any positive impact. I am sure it is not my router as the other Xbox is still working fine. Are there any settings in the Xbox itself hat I could change that could impact this problem? I have tried it with the working Xbox off as well and the non-working Xbox still does not work.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey there PromptedBloom63!

Before we begin troubleshoot, could you answer a few questions that are useful to us. Please read: START HERE! And post back in full detail (the bits that are in bold).

Be sure to tell us what you have tried so far.

Thanks! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you don’t see a sticky for your exact issue, feel free to make a new post. When posting, you can save yourself some time and answer these question up front. If you don’t know to the answer to a specific question, that’s okay, but please try and answer as many as you can. By providing this info, you’ll give the community the tools they need to help resolve your issue.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? NJ

Modem brand & model number: Actiontec

Router brand & model number: 

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Internal

Things you have tried: 

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? Yes, Moderate

I have tried setting it to Open but that made no difference. Also, as noted in the original post ,I have another Xbox on the network which is working fine. And I have had both xboxes working at the same time up until 4 days ago.

Any Error Codes you encounter: 

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Verizon Fios

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W: 0000-0021

X: 0000-F001

Y: 20A8-4860

Z: 8015-1918

ID: 0007-0000

L: 0015-10F0

Q: 8007-0435

T: Wireless

D: 192.168.1.1, 0.0.0.0

S: WEP

C: 11

Sorry this didn't help.

I assume you're not using the same profile, playing online games on your console, as the one you're using here, posting on the Forums?

Could you tell us how your router is currently configured.

UPnP: On/Off?
Port Forward: On/Off? 
DMZ: On/Off?

Could you clear your Xbox system cache. This will remove temporary files from the system cache. Here's how!

Restore your Xbox network settings to factory defaults. 

Sorry this didn't help.

The id for playing online is my son's I don't actually play, I'm just tech support ;-)

uPnP is on.

I have not set any specific port forwarding, though I did try that as an option to try  to resolve the issue.

I do not have the DMZ on/off. I did not make any changes to the DMZ settings as part of my fixing the problem. I am going to restore the XBox network settings to factory defaults to see if that is any help.

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried putting the Xbox in the DMZ, and that didn't work. I also tried restoring Network defaults, and that did not work either. I continue to get the NAT error message.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there! Let's try opening up the Network ports, this guide has the steps: Xbox NAT Type | Xbox 360 NAT Type | Xbox NAT Error

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried this previously. It does not fix the problem. I switched the Xbox to a wired connection. Then I assigned a static ip address. I then set up port forwarding and port triggering to that ip address. All did not solve the problem.

The other issue is that he cannot stay logged in to Xbox live once we try to start a game, like Call of Duty II. This all worked what is now about a week ago. My other Xbox on the same network works fine. It is also connected wirelessly.

Sorry this didn't help.

With two Xboxes, you need a very fast router from the Windows Approved list, like the D-Link DIR-655 or the Netgear WNDR3700.

DMZ guarantees ONLY the Xbox whose IP address is set up in the DMZ will connect; same for Port Forwarding.

Now, if there is NO DMZ, NO Port Forwarding, UPnP may solve the problem; try turning the UPnP off, save/apply the change, then turning it on again and save/apply that change.

If that fails to solve the problem, then I would ask Verizon for instructions in putting the Actiontec into 'Bridged' mode and getting a very, very fast router so both Xboxes will work.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've had both XBoxes connected to the same router with the same configuration for well over a year. Why would it stop working now? I doubt my router has suddenly gotten slower in the last week. I've had the other (still working correctly) Xbox off when I tried to set up the DMZ and/or port forwarding. Could it be something specific to the XBox, and is there any way I could look for some kind of message.

Sorry this didn't help.

No electronic device lasts forever. There is NO setting in the Xbox which will solve this, nada, zero. nil.

Sorry this didn't help.