No live at start up

When I start up my xbox one, it starts up without connection to the internet. I have to turn the xbox off and then back on to get internet. I factory reset my xbox and that helped for about a week and now it happens again. Why does this keep happening and what can I do too fix it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  This can sometimes be caused by the internet service itself if there are issues.  Please try holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it shuts down then, while it is off, unplug your modem/router for 5 seconds.

When it is all up and running again you should not have any problems connecting to the internet.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Nope - having the EXACT same issue, and I can confirm this is not fixing the problem. It's been going on for weeks now, with sparse, intermittent, and slow service. What apparently DID work for me, May work for you too...firstly, did you move your wireless router at all? I don't mean like two inches to the right or left, but a good enough distance from its original position when everything WAS working. Or have you moved things around in that room that may possible be causing some interference? My wife and I expecting, and I needed to clear out the room that will be the baby's nursery. I had to move a desk in the adjacent room, and my wireless router was sitting on top of that desk. Well, I moved a small entertainment center into the room in the spot where the desk used to be, and set up a surround sound system. I placed my wireless router lower to the floor, and directly on top of the subwoofer. Now, whether the subwoofer itself was creating some form of either active or passive interference or if the router was just too low to the ground from its original position, I'm not sure. There is plaster wall and some closet space that separates my living room (Xbox One location) and the room with the wireless router (X1). After 2 weeks of trying to get online - going offline then back online again, having the Xbox One forget my wireless network and then setting it up again, and several hard resets, I finally resorted to pouring through the Xbox Live Support pages to troubleshoot the problem. Should have been ny first move. I came across a section that suggested that some form of interference may be to blame, so I checked out my set-up and repositioned my wireless router so that it was off the subwoofer, away from another wireless enable console, and at a higher position in the room. BINGO! Immediately, response time on the Xbox One was faster, sign in was almost instantaneous, and the console was detecting an internet connection as soon as I turned the box on. Also, all apps , games, and functionality were running normally.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having a similar issue, I will check for interference although my PS4 and iPhone seem to work perfectly in the room. It went from working great after getting a hold of Comcast two weeks ago to absolute crap one night.

Sorry this didn't help.

My PS3, iPhone, AND my Wife's iPhone all worked fine also. I also have Comcast, and positioning of the wireless router truly makes all the difference. Funny thing was, which is what kept me from thinking it was where my router was placed, was that my wireless signal strength was still decent. But, again, once I moved the router, my Xbox One was running smoothly again. Just check out your set-up and see if moving some stuff or the router itself makes any difference.

Sorry this didn't help.