No HDMI display

Ok to start off I have tried the troubleshoot.

My Xbox used to work with HDMI on my TV around the Forza 4 release date than I lent Forza 4 to a friend and didn't use my Xbox again till Forza: horizon and noticed it didn't display ( Had my to use my living room TV) on my TV anymore.

I tried 3 different HDMI cables 3 different TV's and it worked on all but mine. I tried resetting my TV options and the Xbox video settings and it did nothing. It works with AV composite cables but not HDMI for some reason.
I had a HDMI connected and both my PS3 and Xbox turned on, I plugged HDMI into my xbox no picture then my PS3 it displayed instantly, switched it back to Xbox and no picture...

So basically its my TV HDMI AND Xbox *** up but at the same time its neither... 

Also: Spoken to Xbox live chat support who said it was a Panasonic problem, Panasonic proceeded to say it's an Xbox problem... around October 2012

Product type: VIErA
    Product category: Plasma TVs
    Product model: TH-P42X20A

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Im in the process of trying to borrow a friends Xbox and see if that will display, but its not looking likely that ill be able to.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Update: Through ferrying my Xbox between my working TV and the TV in my room I've gone through optimal,480p through till 1368x768 and it didnt display once :L

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Mehonze! Hmmm...this one sounds a bit weird. It's like your TV just doesn't like your console for some reason. I'm really curious to see if you get the same results with a different console on the same TV.

I know you listed a bunch of steps that you've tried, but I'm not positive you've tried this:

Reset the console display settings

If the display problem is still not resolved, reset the display settings of your console. Here's how:

1. Remove any discs from the disc tray.
  2. Turn off the console.
  3. Turn on the console.

Note If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, turn on the console by using the Guide button on the controller. Make sure that you use the player 1 controller when you do this. The player 1 controller will have the upper-left light illuminated.

4. As the console starts, on the controller, press and hold Y while pulling the right trigger. The display settings are reset to the default settings, and then the console automatically restarts.

If the problem is still not resolved, your console might need to be repaired. Start the repair process online.

If not, give that a shot and let us know how it goes for you! ^_^ 

Sorry this didn't help.

Didn't work :(. Starting up the repair process and noticed my console is an '09er wow thats old.

Sorry this didn't help.

Awww man. I'm sad that didn't work. I think you're doing the right thing with the repair process though. It looks like HDMI port on your console just isn't working anymore. Your TV clearly isn't the problem since other things work on it. I hope that get's sorted for you quickly, though! ^_^

Sorry this didn't help.

Mehonze, I saw someone else with this problem on here too. They also had a Panasonic TV. The problem ended up dealing with security (HDCP?) and they fixed it by getting HDMI cables that were Panasonic brand. Hope that helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Welp it'll be a while before I can actually try sending it in for repair or buying a panasonic HDMI got no money.

I'd really like for it to turn out and be something silly I can look back and laugh at but I've used the same HDMI since I got my xbox, and it used to work. Also to total it up now I've tried 9 or more HDMI cables in all 3 slots on my tv :S.

Occasionally when trying one of them on my TV the channel bit would flicker with "HDMI *1-3* 1080p 50hz" but no picture.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just an update if yous see this. Borrowed my mates Xbox.......didnt notice until I tried getting the hdmi but, It's the original one before they added the HDMI slot lol. But I did learn about HD AV cables and used those, I've now purchased my own "Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cable" works great except I cant use 1080p only 1080i. Shows up black.

Sorry this didn't help.