No free game for green screen. Disgusting

I have called support after seeing in the gaming press about a free game download for people with faulty x box one consoles. I was told this only applies to people with faulty optical drives and not green or black screen issues and it is given as a download as people can't play the disc. Therefore it is just a replacement for a game someone can't play from disc. This is disgusting. Once someone has the disc repaired or replaced the disc will work so a downloaded replacement will just mean they now have 2 copies of the same game. We with green / black screen problems are also without our day one boxes until the replacement arrives and I have no idea if my optical drive is also broken as I never got that far. Come on Microsoft. This is a joke that some are compensated and others are not. We are all let down and without a working day one console no matter what the issue. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Lucky them, they can make a profit by selling the code or game disc :-) I'll just be glad to get a working console back to be quite honest, I've waited long enough for this to come out

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.