No Force Feedback on wireless racing wheel (WRW02) - New dashboard update breaks all steering wheel force feedback support Part 2.

This is a continuation of this older thread - http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/p/274225/1650558.aspx

Force feedback for the older Wireless Racing wheel is not working - so I'm wondering if the supposed lack of support for force feedback in this wheel was ever resolved, as I cannot find evidence that it was.

I was on live chat with Xbox support person for an hour, did all they advised, but still no force feedback. See below.

Matt: As per comment, force feedback on WRW02 not working
Louie: Hi Matt, how are you? Thank you for contacting Xbox C hat Support. My name is Louie.
Matt: Hi
Louie: I hope your day has been great so far. I understand that you're having issues with your Xbox 360
wireless racing wheel, is that right?
Matt: Yes, it is the older model, force feedback is not working after console update. I have just started using it
after probably a years break
Louie: I'm sorry that you're having this issue though. But I'm glad that you reported this online. We can
definitely assist you with this one.
Louie: Let me check that for you.
Louie: Do you have a link of the picture or the model of this racing wheel?
Matt: let me find it
Louie: Thanks.
Louie: Take your time.
Matt: Here it is on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_Wireless_Racing_Wheel
Louie: Got it.
Louie: We no stop manufacturing and support this unit.
Louie: But let me see what we can do.
Louie: What seems to be the issue that you've notice on this unit?
Matt: no force feedback. Not a hardware issue, but a console software/driver issue according to forum posts I
have seen
Louie: C an I get the link for this forums please?
Matt: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/t/274225.aspx
Louie: I'm checking it now and let me check for updated status.
Louie: Let me check your system with this.
Louie: C an you please provide me the console serial number?
Matt: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Louie: C an you please verify these information needed to access your hardware account for your product.
Louie: Full Name:
Louie: Email Address:
Louie: Phone Number:
Louie: Zip C ode:
Louie: Street Address:

Louie: Let me register this console on these info then.
Matt: thanks
Louie: You're welcome.
Louie: I got the console registered now.
Louie: Alright, let's run some test on here and see if we can get it back up for you.
Louie: If not we'll create a case number with this.
Matt: Do i need to be connected to Xboxlive? I currently am using my router for another PC
Louie: Not entirely, but we need to have it connected to redownload the update later.
Louie: But we can do it after this chat session if you are using this now.
Matt: OK. I'll get it online . will take me 10 mins
Louie: Okay, thanks.
Matt: Ran Xboxlive test, and it asked me if I wanted to apply the update - I said no, but it would not connect
Louie: We can try that later.
Matt: It's a new update, as I have not conencted to Xbox live for quite a while
Matt: OK. So console currently connected to my router
Louie: Okay, Press the Guide button on the controller. The silver X button on there.
Louie: Then scroll to the right where it says Settings and select System Setting.
Louie: Select Storage.
Louie: Select Hard drive.
Louie: Select Games and Apps.
Louie: And select a game title from the list that you play the most with this wireless wheel.
Louie: Look for anything that says corrupted Or anything with warning sign it has a yellow circle with a white
exclamation point. " ! "
Louie: If you see them, select and delete it.
Louie: If there's none, hit the back button and check the other games too.
Louie: If you can check all the games the better.
Louie: Make sure that each content for all games are all good.
Louie: If there all good, hit the back button twice. That will prompt you back to the storage device screen.
Louie: From here, Press the Y button, Select C lear system cache And select Yes, if it prompt you a message.
Louie: Once your done, take the game disc out if you have one inside and let's turn the console off.
Matt: OK done
Matt: All game content was OK for all the games that use wheel controller
Louie: And let's do a full power cycle reset.
Matt: How do I do a full power cycle reset?
Louie: Are you using an AC adapter to connect the wireless racing wheel to the console?
Matt: It has an AC adpater yes, which is functional. Wheel connects to console wirelessly
Matt: AC adapter powers the force feedback and rumble
Louie: Because you can only use force feedback when you use the AC adapter to connect the wireless racing
wheel to the console.
Matt: I know - but it is still not working even with AC adapter connected
Louie: C arefully remove the AA battery pack from your Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel.
Matt: done
Louie: Let's take the game disc out if you have one inside and let's turn the console off.
Louie: Let's disconnect everything that's connected to the console.
Louie: From the front panel to the back of the console.
Louie: And let's disconnect the power cord from the power supply unit to the wall outlet too.
Louie: And lastly let's remove your hard drive.
Louie: If you do, It's going through a power save mode, let's wait till it fully shut itself off.
Louie: It normally takes about 2 or 3 minutes at the most.
Louie: Once it's off, let's reconnect everything back in.
Louie: Start with the hard drive.
Louie: And then the cables.
Louie: And plug the power cord to another wall outlet.
Louie: Once you got everything connected in place and firmly plugged in, whenever
Louie: you're ready turn the console on.
Louie: C onnect the power supply cord to the power input on the back of your wireless racing wheel.
Louie: When the cord is fully inserted, you will feel the cord stop. C onnect the AC power cord to the power
supply.
Louie: When the cord is fully inserted, you will feel the cord stop. C onnect the power cord to a standard
electrical outlet.
Louie: Press and hold down the Xbox Guide button or the Start button until the wireless racing wheel turns on.
Louie: And go to your Storage device screen, highlight the option Hard drive.
Louie: And press the LB, RB and the X button on your controller.
Louie: Select Delete system update.
Louie: This will restart the console and when it does it may prompt you to update, receive the update this
time.
Louie: Once your all done try your Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel.
Louie: Let me know if that helps.
Matt: just waiting for update to install
Louie: What's the progress now?
Matt: im going to test some games
Louie: Okay, what games you play with this?
Louie: How are you doing so far?
Matt: tried 3 games, no force feedback on any of them, just rumble
Louie: What games?
Matt: Forza 3, colin mcRae 2005, baja edge of control, need for speed shift
Louie: And no response on all games with this?
Matt: correct. As I suspect, from forum posts, you latest console updates do not support force feedback for
the WRW02 wheel. Do you have an update on this (as commented on in the forum link I sent you) as one of
the Xbox support guys stated in the forum (handle - Mister Darcy) "Greetings, ONLY NAPSTER. Thank you for
reporting your experience to us. I wanted to jump in here and confirm that we are currently testing a fix for
this issue with a group of users. Hang in there! "
Matt: This was dated August 23, 2012
Louie: Yes, I've read that too.
Louie: Let me create a case for you with this.
Matt: Then surely someone in the xbox support world must know if this has been resolved or not?
Matt: Can driver for racing wheel be rolled back?
Louie: I appreciate your concerns. C ustomer satisfaction is our main goal, so I will forward your comments to
the Xbox 360 team.
Louie: This has been discontinued.
Louie: But that is absolutely not the situation we want you to have.
Louie: I'll be documenting your feedback though. Knowing Microsoft, we're always innovative with our
policies, products and services to bring about positive impact to customers like you are.
Louie: We appreciate your time, cooperation and your patience with this.
Louie: Your reference number is 1189625235.
Louie: This can be provided to an agent as a record of our conversation if you need additional assistance.
Louie: This is your case number or what we called a service request number.
Louie: Rest assured that we will handle this issue with outmost care and we will do our best to get to the
proper resolution for it the soonest possible time

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 228 Applies to:

Hey there Matt! After checking out your transcript here, it sounds like this agent has created a case for you and is going to be looking into this. I would make sure to check with them periodically and see what they come up with. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.