No download speed?

Hey, i am having the same problem as everyone else as in i am connected to Live and can browse the store, communicate with friends etc.. however i cannot connect to online games. I have also just noticed that when i run the multiplayer speed test and press bumbers/triggers at the end to bring up the detailed view, there is nothing shown in the download speed.. Could anyone help with this. Probably wont change my online situation but you never know. Cheers

Question Info

Last updated September 20, 2018 Views 4,218 Applies to:

Hey there Scooba Steeb. I have a couple of questions. 1) Who is your ISP? 2) What is the make and model number of the device that your Xbox is connected to? 3) Is your Xbox connected to your network with a wire, or is it wireless? Once you answer these questions, I want you to follow this link ( support.xbox.com/.../All ) and select the statement that most closely resembles the issue you're seeing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've been having the same problem and i've just figured out that its my Turtle Beach XP500's the wireless signal from the headset box is blocking my wifi signal

Sorry this didn't help.

SOLVED!!!! - At least on my end anyway.  

My exact set up and issue:  

- Spectrum 30x5 speed / Netgear CM700 Modem / D'link 890L router / Xbox one S wired LAN connection (wireless also had the same issue)

- Running "detailed network stats" test showed 0mbps down / 6ish up /  0% packet loss /  1480 MTU / 25ish MS lag... HBO Now/Youtube wont open.  Halo 5 can't connect.  BF4 and Netflix work without issue.  Speedtest.net run through edge web browser app shows full 30x5 speed.  However, running fast.com test, I notice 0mbps speed for roughly 10 seconds before it starts indicating speed, and then it would rather quickly make its way to 30ish.  Coincidentally, roughly the amount of time apps like HBO and youtube would try and load before an error message appeared.  Oddly enough, deleting an app on the xbox and downloading it again, and then running the same test or trying to open the apps they would function flawlessly.  It seemed there was just a very long connection delay before the network would start functioning, but if I already had it running doing something else then it worked.  

It turns out it's my ISPs fault, and a bit mine.  They have IPv6 on their network according to the "tech" I talked to.  On my network status page I see IPv4 - Connected / IPv6 Connected.... However, I noticed on the IPv6 side I was being given an IP address fexxxxxxxx etc but I wasn't getting a DNS automatically.  No worries I'll just use Google's and manually input....  still no luck.... Turns out after doing some more reading on IPv6, fexxxxxxxxxxx addresses and a few others, are addresses given by the ISP, but do not allow you to talk back out on the network per this note I found on an IPv6 trouble shooting page - "Either your organization is blocking the use of IPv6 to talk to the outside Internet through network policy; or perhaps what you see with IPv6 on your host is not a global address. Any address starting with "::", "fc", "fd", or "fe" are unable to work with the public IPv6 Internet"..... Seeing as how I now know that I can't actually use IPv6 on my network I set out to turn it off.  On nearly all routers these days IPv6 will be turned on by default and most likely set to auto-config.  On some routers you may have the option to turn it off completely, on mine the D'link 890L red spider monster, I did not have an off selection.  Instead, I selected local network only.  I went back and checked the network status page and sure enough IPv6 now showed not connected.  Ran a speed test and full flying colors of a sad whopping 30mpbs... My best guess, having IPv6 running but not connected was somehow causing the delay in connection; maybe trying to run through the IPv6 tunnel until it times out and then going back to IPv4 as a back up. 

Bottom line, if you are also seeing 0mbps download but normal upload, try turning off IPv6 on your router and give it a go.  

I hope this helps, this solution comes after nearly 6 long frustrating days of trouble shooting and trial and error and research.  The spectrum guy that showed to my house basically walked back out saying he can't help me since he didn't understand half of the things I had already done to try and fix this problem.  The microsoft tech basically said the same thing and told me to just send my xbox in for a replacement under warranty assuming somehow both the ethernet and wireless cards went bad at the same time... d'link and netgear refused to comment... 

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

- Spectrum 30x5 speed / Netgear CM700 Modem / D'link 890L router / Xbox one S wired LAN connection (wireless also had the same issue)

- Running "detailed network stats" test showed 0mbps down / 6ish up /  0% packet loss /  1480 MTU / 25ish MS lag... HBO Now/Youtube wont open.  Halo 5 can't connect.  BF4 and Netflix work without issue.  Speedtest.net run through edge web browser app shows full 30x5 speed.  However, running fast.com test, I notice 0mbps speed for roughly 10 seconds before it starts indicating speed, and then it would rather quickly make its way to 30ish.  Coincidentally, roughly the amount of time apps like HBO and youtube would try and load before an error message appeared.  Oddly enough, deleting an app on the xbox and downloading it again, and then running the same test or trying to open the apps they would function flawlessly.  It seemed there was just a very long connection delay before the network would start functioning, but if I already had it running doing something else then it worked.  

It turns out it's my ISPs fault, and a bit mine.  They have IPv6 on their network according to the "tech" I talked to.  On my network status page I see IPv4 - Connected / IPv6 Connected.... However, I noticed on the IPv6 side I was being given an IP address fexxxxxxxx etc but I wasn't getting a DNS automatically.  No worries I'll just use Google's and manually input....  still no luck.... Turns out after doing some more reading on IPv6, fexxxxxxxxxxx addresses and a few others, are addresses given by the ISP, but do not allow you to talk back out on the network per this note I found on an IPv6 trouble shooting page - "Either your organization is blocking the use of IPv6 to talk to the outside Internet through network policy; or perhaps what you see with IPv6 on your host is not a global address. Any address starting with "::", "fc", "fd", or "fe" are unable to work with the public IPv6 Internet"..... Seeing as how I now know that I can't actually use IPv6 on my network I set out to turn it off.  On nearly all routers these days IPv6 will be turned on by default and most likely set to auto-config.  On some routers you may have the option to turn it off completely, on mine the D'link 890L red spider monster, I did not have an off selection.  Instead, I selected local network only.  I went back and checked the network status page and sure enough IPv6 now showed not connected.  Ran a speed test and full flying colors of a sad whopping 30mpbs... My best guess, having IPv6 running but not connected was somehow causing the delay in connection; maybe trying to run through the IPv6 tunnel until it times out and then going back to IPv4 as a back up. 

Bottom line, if you are also seeing 0mbps download but normal upload, try turning off IPv6 on your router and give it a go.  

I hope this helps, this solution comes after nearly 6 long frustrating days of trouble shooting and trial and error and research.  The spectrum guy that showed to my house basically walked back out saying he can't help me since he didn't understand half of the things I had already done to try and fix this problem.  The microsoft tech basically said the same thing and told me to just send my xbox in for a replacement under warranty assuming somehow both the ethernet and wireless cards went bad at the same time... d'link and netgear refused to comment... 

This worked perfectly. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

It really, works! Oh my... Thanks, man!

Sorry this didn't help.

This solved my issue as well, thanks!!!

Sorry this didn't help.