No display/distorted display

I recently connected my 360 to the internet for the first time, and upon attempting to play MLB 2K11, I needed to install an update.  After doing so, the colors on the screen became distorted, so I restarted the machine.  Upon the attempted restart, the picture did not display properly, only showing up on half of the screen and even that portion was extremely distorted and was blinking.  Restarted again, same problem.  Let it sit for a day.  Same problem.  I did get it to display the full picture once more a day later, but the colors were very distorted.  Now anytime I attempt to start the console I get the half-screen-distorted picture or no picture at all.  No red rings or anything.  Connected through HDMI to 1080p HDTV.

Help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 60 Applies to:

You could try a different HDMI port on the tv, also try a different HDMI cable. It may also be worth resetting the display settings on your console perhaps. To do a reset, turn the console on using the guide button on a controller, as the console boots up press and hold Y and the right trigger on the controller.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.