No display showing on TV

Today i have started up my xbox just as i did yesterday no unplugging or moving anything around but for some reason today on turning the system on it is not displaying any image/sound on the TV i have tried resetting the xbox, ive tried unplugging the power brick as ive seen suggested to no avail i have also tried unplugging all of the cables and reconecting, using a hdmi cable from another console that i know is working and tried the HDMI cable from the xbox on this other console and it works fine any suggestions?

I WANT TO PLAY DESTINY! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 39 Applies to:

Hi Phil0sophy101, 

Sorry you're having issues with your Xbox. Please try resetting your display settings. First eject any media you have in the console. Then with the xbox on hold the power for 5 seconds until it turns off. Then hold the power+eject button until you hear a beep. This will allow your console to reset all display settings, so hopefully you'll get a picture after that. Also please see the link below for further troubleshooting

Xbox One Blank Screen Troubleshooter

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Didn't work although never really got a beep i was expecting when holding down the power button and eject button simultaneously can i just clarify i am meant to hold the power button down until the console turns off am i then releasing the power button before attempting to press the power and eject button at the same time or simply keeping hold of the power button and then holding down the eject button as

well  and also is the bleep im expecting the same as the eject button noise or the power up noise as that is all i am getting or do i have to wait a long time for this bleep?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there! You should definitely hear a beep unless there is a console issue. I put a link in my post which explains how to do that as well as other tricks. See if you can follow that step by  step, and let us know if you have any success.

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.

Same exact issue on my console and I keep getting the same feedback. That display reset doesn't fix the issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dogpigfish,

Sorry you're having issues with your display settings as well. Can you please start a new thread and let us know what exactly you've tried? Also I would recommend trying another HDMI cable, another HDMI port on the television, and even another television. Let us know in a new thread so you can have a support experience tailored to your exact issues.

Thanks!

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.