No connection since getting AT&T uverse installed. It's been months now..

Ever since we got at&t uverse 300 with the included (and I guess mandatory) wireless router I have Not been able to connect my xbox 360 to live, or even the internet itself.
 It picks up the signal and connects to the router but then when I test the pc or live connection it doesn't even get to the router icon. It just loads for probably a full minute or two and displays the red X between the xbox and the router icon.

I really don't understand this at all it worked perfectly until uverse was installed and our router connects unlimited devices which it was tested to do and does as should. I've even tried going through its firewall settings and allowing "xbox" to get through. Didn't work. same when I tried with the firewall off completely.

We even had at&t come back to try and get the wireless connections working perfectly and its still JUST the xbox that wont connect.. They were here for 3 hours just going back and forth between the computer and the xbox. And yes, we tried all the suggested tips for connecting..
  They said they have NO idea what it is and that it IS compatible with the router and their own personal ones work perfectly fine with systems like xbox 360.. Replacing the router didn't work either.

Even direct connection doesn't work and same with manual settings although I'm told not to use manual settings because of how it assigns the ip addresses or something..
 The one or two times we did try manual settings though it did connect but knocked off another wireless device instantly and then disconnected itself within 5 minutes again anyway..
Also my dad's 360 does the same thing, he doesn't actually have a gold membership but it wont connect at all. So i'm certain its not something faulty with the 360 or the adapters for the 360.

What the heck can I do!? It worked perfectly for probably 2 years before this new set up. Now it hasn't worked in MONTHS.. Really have to figure out what to do because If I just cant play live anymore why keep hopelessly paying for it

Hi,

Please read:- forums.xbox.com/.../811997.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

If you are wireless can you also state whether you are using the white or black external adapter or the Xbox 360S Internal adapter

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

USA, Connecticut

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

All I know is that they are by AT&T Uverse and weve only had them a few short months.

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

black wireless for the xbox 360 arcade model.

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

I dont know, but am pretty sure Att tried troubleshooting this already.

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?

I dont think so.

Any Error Codes you encounter:

No.

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?

ATT uverse

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

No values.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Really need to know the modem and router details to be honest

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

At the bottom of the router it says 3801HGV. I am pretty sure that is the model. I search AT&T 3801HGV on ebay and there were a few of them.

I think the router and modem may be the same thing or built together since this replaced both of our previous ones

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So are you saying that even if your reset your Xbox network settings to factory defaults and connect wired to your router it doesn't get past the network part of the test? (the connection to your router)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes. It just never gets passed it. I have no idea why. ATT has no idea why.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How strange

Can you ensure nothing is set in your Xbox PPPoE settings and then put in these manual details:-

IP Address: 192.168.1.20

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.1.254

Set DNS to 192.168.1.254 as well

And this is for a wired connection not wireless

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 71 Applies to: