No choice of storage when installing a game...

This is something I've only noticed since I got my Elite console back from MS after the August 26th update bricked it.  When I install a game now, the console no longer asks me which storage device I want to install the disc to, instead it immediately installs it to the hard drive (when I used to have a choice of the hard drive, two USB sticks or a memory unit).  Is that something the latest Dashboard update has changed or is there something going on with my 360?  It's not having any adverse effect on my console or games, but it's just odd that the screen to select a storage device no longer appears when I install a game.

Can anyone shed any light? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Is there enough memory available on either USB?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No there isn't, but before the update the console would still offer a choice regardless.

Sorry this didn't help.

I believe, and I may be incorrect, but I think two updates ago that was an option deleted for unknown reasons. I noticed that I was no longer asked which device I wished to store my game save on when started a never before played game on my account. This is having a 250gb HDD and a 16gb thumbdrive both having plenty of room.

Sorry this didn't help.

Like you have noticed and Killerhedake mentioned, it was removed as a prompt but you could still move the install file to your USB...the only problem is that it's a bit annoying and it also makes you waste more time. It's what I do with Alan Wake and Dishonored.

Sorry this didn't help.