No Chat, Not banned, Devices working properly

Good afternoon,

I hope this finds you well. For the past week myself under my gamertag and my roommate under his gamertag haven't been able to participate in chat. I already checked to see if I was under a communication suspension without any notification...and according to your site I wasn't under one. Now, that being said we bought another headset in case the headset was malfunctioning. That is not the case out of 3 xbox headsets and 3 controllers - logged in under either gamer tag we can hear communication from other players, we can participate and all three controllers work perfectly fine. All three microphone/headsets are registering when connected to any of the three controllers as it being connected, all three led lights light up when the mute button on the left side is pressed, all three headsets register the volume up or down notification sound on any of the 3 controllers when connected. Both gamertags can receive and send game/party invites. The game invites - no problem - the party invites are fine, except for the fact our microphones will not send the audio. In a party with each other on our separate consoles - we can log in but neither of us can hear each other through our headsets. Could someone please assist. I have already tweeted multiple times for help. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Hello,

Thanks for the support message.

To start off, please try power cycling the console by holding the power button down for 10 seconds and then leave it off for 30-60 seconds and try again.  If that doesn't work, please go to Settings>Network, and then post back if your NAT type is moderate, strict, or says "Open."

Try to start a party by yourself with just YOU in it, and then unmute your mic.  Talk, and see if the little green circle in the party lights up.  Please also run a Network test in the Network settings and try again.

One more thing, please try to talk to a friend in game chat as well.  Is this issue only occurring between you and one friend or all friends?

Cheers!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have this same problem. I've got two different controllers and three different headsets.

Tritton AX 720s

Turtle Beach X40s

Regular Chat Mic came with xbox brand never used until yesterday trying to troubleshoot this.

None of these headsets work. I've used 3 different stereo adapters and the 3.5mm jacks on my new controllers. I am able to transmit my voice in party chat and game chat and my game audio works but I am unable to hear anyone. I see other peoples microphones lighting up and I verified via cell phone with one of my friends that he can hear me speaking I just cant hear him back in the game. This all began happening yesterday on the 23oct2015.. I have done the following

Power Cycled numerous times

Restored factury default 3 times

tried different combinations of stereo adapters, 3.5mm jack, headsets, controllers

Nat type is open, download speed is 54mbs upload speed is 5ms

I believe their is an issue with the firmware of the controller, especially the new 3.5mm jack controllers.

This issue needs to be pushed up immediately to the higher tier levels.. im telling you their is an issue with the firmware.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've power cycled both xbox ones numerous times it doesn't correct this issue. Network is listed as Moderate. Both xb1s are connecting fine to the internet. The issue is not allowing any game chat nor chat to come through via parties.

Sorry this didn't help.

Whups forgot to say I also factory reset one of the XB1's yesterday and it didn't fix the issue!

Sorry this didn't help.

Anyone gonna attempt to help this XBOX??????

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, Leaky Clant! If you guys are both in the same house and your NAT is moderate, then this would be why you guys cannot hear each other. You will need to a router that can support both consoles with Open NAT in order to hear each other while playing in the same house. You can check out our Networking Hardware Information forums for your router to see if it doesn't support multiple consoles and to find routers that should be able to handle that.

Keep us updated on the situation! :)

Sorry this didn't help.