No Audio

Just like the title says.  I have zero audio.  My Xbox One is connected via HDMI to a newer Denon Receiver.  The receiver recognizes no audio.  Any advice?  Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Try this setup. Connect your receiver to your TV via [whatever audio cable you use], then have the HDMI cable going from your TV's HDMI In port that you're using to your console's HDMI Out port. If that doesn't work, try using a S/PDIF cable (also known as, an Optical Audio cable) going from your receiver to the S/PDIF port on the console, then still having the HDMI cable going from the TV to the HDMI Out port on the console. Usually, having an HDMI cable going from a receiver into the HDMI In port on the console doesn't work, because it's intended purpose is only as pass-through for a cable or satellite set-top box. Good luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The audio issue I have is when watching tv the audio goes through my avr. When I decide to play a game, the game plays but no sound through the avr, the tv audio is still going through it, but I do get audio from the game through the tv speakers. Any help?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sirhc92, thank you for taking the time to read my post and offer a suggestion.  However, HDMI out to my receiver has worked with my Xbox 360's (2), PS3, PS4, Samsung Blu-ray player, and my Motorola set-top  box with no issues.  I'm missing something here with my Xbox One.  I know there is a major issue where as the Xbox one does not do Dolby Digital which is un-beleivable and I hope this isn't somehow tied to that.  It should, however, recognize a PCM (uncompressed) as that is what my PS4 sends through.  Again, thank you for your time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I'm going to go ahead and bite the bullet a little and answer my own question even though its my own mistake.  Somebody might search for this because they did the same thing I did.  I have my AV stuff all tucked as neat as possible in to a AV rack.  It gets kinda a crazy back there with all the wires for all the equipment.  The HDMI cable at the back of the One was loose enough to not give me audio but still send video through.  So, loose cable, possibly no audio with still video.  To all who read and offered advice thank you for your time.  Now, on to the now sound from the center speaker issue.

Sorry this didn't help.