No audio with DVDs; Games, Netflix, Music, etc... All ok

I've had an Xbox 360 Slim 250GB since they were released, within the first week. So, just over a year now... I've loved everything about it, but now I'm experiencing issues with it. Issues that just so happened to start a week after the warranty expired, but I digress... I'll get to my point.

I've heard others have had this problem, but I still have not found a solution that works for me. I'm sorry if this is a repost of something already being discussed.

Whenever I begin to play a DVD, my TV gives me this message, "Unsupported audio format, please check device audio output format." So, whenever I try to watch a DVD, I am never able to get to audio to work. Also in the DVD, the 360 does not produce any sound either. No sound AT ALL with DVDs. Everything else still works fine. Game, ipod music, avi video, Netflix, etc... all totally work 100%. Oh, and I run it through HDMI and TV speakers. My television is a Hiatchi UltraVision LCD Flat Panel L42S503. I know it's nothing special, but it gets the job done and has full HD and 120hz. Pretty nice for when I purchased it, which was over a year ago, at least.

Now, I've read a ton of solutions online and have tried everything I've read. It seems to me that a lot of people are not exactly sure what the error is. Some blame the Xboxs and others blame the TV. I personally do not know which is the problem. So, I figured before calling support, I would attempt to make this post.

Some of the solutions I've read (and tried) include:

-Switching off of HDMI and then go back.

-Using different HDMI cables.

-Using different HDMI ports.

-Making sure all my setting are correct (on the TV AND Xbox).

-Updating the TVs software/firmware

I may have tried other things, but this is all that came to mind at the moment. PLEEEEASE someone help me. If I have to get my Xbox fixed, so be it. I just really hope it's not the TV, because I cannot afford to deal with that. If you have other questions for me, please don't hesitate to ask. You can even message me on my Xbox, gamertag: JoJoe86. Please no spam...

I appreciate all the help anyone can give and would like to say thank you ahead of time. I was really looking forward to finally owning an Xbox that didn't create issue for me, but apparently was wrong. Hopefully this isn't a huge problem.

Thank you all!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey JoJoe

Having trouble seeing or hearing content on my TV.

You may well have tried everything in here though, if so sorry it did not help you out.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.