No Audio when using HDMI (Just Recently)

I just bought my XBOX S about 3 weeks ago.  Since its been out of the box it has been hooked up to my TV through an HDMI cord. Audio and Video worked great.  Just yesterday I turned it on and no sound was present.  The Video is fine.  Just no sound.  No settings have been changed, on the TV, sound system or XBOX, and even tried it on another TV in my house and it also has no sound.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Have you tried another cable coz I had same prob it was the audio part of cable shot

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ya Ive tried two different cables, both work with other devices no problem.  I just need to figure out if this is Repair / Warranty worthy, or if others have had this problem and maybe Microsoft has a quick fix for it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have seen the option to "Hard Reset" pop up constantly as I continually Google the issue.  I'm curious to know what kind of consequences are involved with doing that, and if its a plausible option.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well since there are no responses i assume what i did was the right move.  I took the thing back and got a new one. Luckily i was still in the window to do that.  If anyone else comes across this and has this problems, the only real suggestions i could find was send for repair.  So my best guess is to take it back if you can or send for repair.  It was definitely a hardware issue.  Hope this helps somebody.

Sorry this didn't help.