No 4gb card inside my unit

So I purchased my xbox 360 s 4gb system this year around May. Completely brand new sealed in the box. Well after the newest update came out in august I tried to download it and it won't work at all. Support told me I needed a repair after all the troubleshooting. Well I went ahead and opened up the xbox to find the 4gb card that is supposed to be in the newer systems since 2010. Well no there is no card at all in my system and the motherboard looks a whole bit different than the pictures or videos. There also was no sticker over the middle case screw. My system was purchased as I said May 2013. And supposedly after 2010 the 4gb became an actual removable card on the motherboard but mine is not so. Any input?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Self repair breaks the code of conduct and can result in a console ban.

You had a hardware issue on an in-warranty Xbox console and you opened the case?  O_O   I have no words... I would call up Hardware support, see if they might possibly still be willing to do an in-warranty repair.  If not, they may not even be willing to do a paid repair at risk of working with a tampered console.  Could even put the whole console on a red flag for system tamper, which could result in the console being banned from Xbox LIVE's network.  Crossing my fingers, and hoping for the best for you.

[quote user="Klokkwork"]I would call up Hardware support, see if they might possibly still be willing to do an in-warranty repair.[/quote]

Microsoft will not touch an opened console.

I can't access live anyways with the fact that the update won't work. So no update no live. All I want to know is why does my console not have the 4gb card that it is supposed to.

And I also have a 3 year warranty from the store I bought it from and if I sent it to xbox then it would've voided the 3 year warranty. If I can't fix it they will replace it as long as the serial number matches my receipt.

[quote user="BUFUBandit"] If I can't fix it they will replace it as long as the serial number matches my receipt.[/quote]

You have voided your warranty by opening the console,you will get no refund or repair from any store or microsoft.

-

No one here can tell you anything about the internals of your console as self repair can not be discussed here.

Guess Ill take my question elsewhere. I don't need a warranty or want a repair I just want the answer.

Sounds as if you were sold a 250gb model without its harddrive rather than a 4gb model.

-

If I recall correctly the 250gb model doesn't have the 4gb internal memory.

probably a used console sold new and what he said^^^^

That sounds pretty likely.  Though we can't rule out the possibility that it was a 4gb console, but that the internal memory unit disappeared when the case was opened, to prevent parts harvesting.