Next Motorbike game??

Due to the weather being poor and my motorbike in storage - 

Does Anyone know when the next motorbike racing game is released??  I have tryed to find the info but no joys, 

Any info will be great Cheers

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 41 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

From what I've read there's another "SBK" title being announced in early in 2013, other than that don't know of any others in the pipeline.

I just hope for the day when I come onto the forum and see a thread title like ... "Road Rash On The Way To The 360" ... I'll be a very happy gamer indeed :)

I Would like to see Codies get the rights to MotoGP and make a game with a decent Sim feel to it,  and put as much effort into it as they do theyre F1 games, where you have to progress through Moto 3 & Moto 2 before unleashing the GP bikes.

-

Havent played a good MotoGP game for years.

Another SBK game will, as Bee says, likely be announced, but apart from that I wouldn't expect much. To be honest, motorbike games just don't work all that well unless you're going for Arcade - simulation simply isn't capable of replicating them. Any time I've played a game billed as a bike sim I've been thinking, "this is nothing like riding a bike."

There hasn't really been a well done motorbike sim since Moto GP '07, I used to hammer that game back in the day!

It appears that theres a market screaming out for a decent motorbike sim game............... I would really love the TT tracks to be released / raced on......................Lets hope someone hears my crys - lol

[quote user="Maccadooooooooo"]

It appears that theres a market screaming out for a decent motorbike sim game............... I would really love the TT tracks to be released / raced on......................Lets hope someone hears my crys - lol

[/quote]

Even though I've enjoyed games like SBK your right when you say the Xbox is screaming out for a proper bike sim, I hope someone from Codemasters see's this thread and takes note :)

[quote user="Maccadooooooooo"]

[/quote]
There's not a very large market, I'll be honest, but enough of one to justify a company taking a shot at it. I'd love to see the various road race circuits make it into some of the games, like the TT and the Macau. But again, you just can't make a very convincing bike sim for various reasons, like how there's no way of being able to tell when the front wheel is going light on you, or whether your weight is correct etc. the compromises that have to be made for a game mean that it's nowhere near simulation. You can get sort of close with cars, but with bikes it's just a whole different ball, or possibly wheel, game.

---------------------

Having said that, I'm fine with them being fairly arcadey, such as the SBK games. It'd be interesting to see Codies take a shot at it.

I know a year or so back there was "rumours" that EA were going to do an updated version of Road Rash but then it all went quiet!

To me this would be the perfect game for the 360/PS3, one of my favorite games ever, brilliant on the Megadrive and I still from time to time fire my 3DO up and have a game.

And the possibilities for MP would be awesome, racing, fighting it out on roads with baseball bats, chains etc, I'm so suprised that we still haven't seen it on todays consoles, lets hope it makes an appearance on the Next Generation!!

I miss Road Rash :-(

For the Road Rash fans out there! I know some will look at the graphics and laugh now but at the time ... :)

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOKYgkr3mxs]

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zq9r7wV9kQ]