Next Gen Achievements.

Hey Guys I have an idea for Xbox 720 and I just wanted to see what people thought of it.

Whether it was countless hours of  gaming for achievements or just having fun and getting them. We all know how hard we worked for Achievements and it would be a bummer to simply lose them when Next -Gen is upon us. Newcomers Gamerscore will start at zero and there Gamerscore color will be gold for gold members and silver for silver members. But for people that want to bring their Gamerscore from Xbox 360 to 720 can simply log into their account and activate the Gamerscore to carry over. Silver members will have a silver/green Gamerscore and gold members will have a gold/green Gamerscore. The green would of course show that you have gamerscore that has carried over from Xbox 360. Another cool feature would be when you compare games with other players. There would be two tabs. One saying Xbox 720 and another saying Xbox 360, or one tab saying Gamerscore in gold and another green. For the people that don't want to show their old gamerscore but want a fresh start there will be a hide option somewhere in profile settings, just like being able to hide your friends list. 

Thank you for reading this, I just think this would be a cool way to keep gamerscore alive and carry it over to Next - Gen without deleting everything. Thank you! 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm fairly sure gamerscore will carry over to the new system.  Hopefully it will just pick up where we left off with no changes, including achievement/gamerscore limits for each game.

Gamerscore should more than definitely move over to the next console. What I'm really hoping is that old games do also. On another rant, I hope delays are improved or vanish, such BS that so many titles are releasing in March/April. Some due to developers mess ups but I have heard of issues with Microsoft.

[quote user="GUN5L1NGER"]

I'm fairly sure gamerscore will carry over to the new system.  Hopefully it will just pick up where we left off with no changes, including achievement/gamerscore limits for each game.

[/quote]

I agree 100%.

But will live account info like downloads and add ons carry over that the real question

There is no reason that the current achievement system won't carry over with the new console. Microsoft has already demonstrated numerous times that the gamerscore system is based on Xbox Live, not the 360 console. This is evident by the fact that you can unlock gamerscore on an Xbox 360, your PC via Games For Windows live and Windows 8, and on mobile devices via Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8.

I'd rather it go away all together. Move the list of 50 things you can do in a game to an in-game menu, and eliminate gamerscore.

^^^ Gamescore Hater.

Nah. Just think it would eliminate the pettiness and the junior detective rat snitches. No gamerscore, no way a cheater could affect you (even though a gamerscore cheat currently has no way of affecting anybody, anyways, unless you're the jealous type).

And any sense of Competition. Gamescore Hater is a Gamescore Hater.

It's not the "jealous type", so easy to try and degrade what you do not like. It is those that has a sense of fair play and dignity. And people never Cheated before Gamescore...

What competition? What do I win? If it were a competition, MS would provide all players with all games, an even playing field. No fair play if everyone doesn't have the same equipment.