Newbie question - transfer membership to different xbox?

My sons currently share one xbox 360. Both have the 2 month membership. I'd like to get a second xbox 360 for son 2's bedroom, could someone help with these questions?

If I had 2 xbox's and 2 COD black ops games, could the new xbox then play using the downloaded map packs on the old xbox if both players were playing each other online?

Or would the new xbox have to download the same packs again?

And can you transfer your xbox membership to another console?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="RyanWhitty2k11"]If I had 2 xbox's and 2 COD black ops games, could the new xbox then play using the downloaded map packs on the old xbox if both players were playing each other online?

Or would the new xbox have to download the same packs again?[/quote]Content is licensed to the gamertag that bought it and the console that it was first downloaded to.

So in order to do what you want, the gamertag that bought the map packs would need to be on the new 360 to use the gamertag license (which works when signed into Live) and the old console would have the console license which lets other profiles use it.

[quote user="RyanWhitty2k11"]And can you transfer your xbox membership to another console?[/quote]You can indeed move a gamertag to another console, simply follow the instructions here Move, recover, or delete your gamertag.

[quote user="RyanWhitty2k11"]Thanks.

[/quote]Hopefully I've been of help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thankyou.

Just one more question.

If I move a profile from the old console to the new one using a USB stick, would that profile still be on the old console? (i.e. would I have just made a 'copy' of that profile to move), or would the profile be totally gone from the old console?

Sorry this didn't help.

It would remove the profile from the old console completely. You could always choose the option of leaving the profile on the USB stick, that way you could just plug it into the console you want to game on at the time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Many Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.