newbie at live , some questions

Hi

i bought new xbox one for my kid 

where i can find some info about the live , online gaming 

what can i download when login to xbox  live , what kind of games ?

for example i can download gtav or i have to buy it from the store ? (as a BLueRay disc)

please be patient  for newbie 

thanks 

tk

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:
Answer

Welcome to the Xbox One family.  Here are some tips on what you can do with the console.

1.  If you're planning on gaming as well then create an account for yourself (if you haven't already done so) then go to Settings and set the console as your Home console on your gamertag.  After that, while in Settings scroll right and add your child's gamertag to your Family.  This way, when if you get a Gold membership on your account it will be shared to anyone else in your Family without the need to purchase an extra membership.  This also has an added bonus of being able to share out all purchased games to other gamertags in the Family as well.

2.  For the most part there will always be a choice as to whether or not you want to purchase a disc or digital copy of a game.  On the console, while at the Home screen, scroll to the right until you see an option for Games, Apps, Music, etc.  You'll be able to scroll through all available games from there and decide if you want to purchase digitally or not (NOTE:  You will need to have a payment option such as credit card or paypal attached to your account to do this).  

3.  Because you need to install games to the console regardless of whether they are disc or digital it is recommended to get an external hard drive to save on space.  You can use a USB 3.0 drive ranging in size from 256 GB - 16 TB in size to store your games on.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.