New Xbox

Hey I recently bought my new xbox 360, Im searching everywhere to sign in my xbox live account but all the options that the console gives me is Join not sign in, do I have to buy the cable and get all the data in the old 360 hard disk so that I can get in my account through my xbox 360? or is there an easier way?

thanks for reading,

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

you should be able to recover you Gamer tag to you new box it will just be you gamer tag not you saved game data you will need a transfer kit or a flash drive for that bit you could also save your GT to a flash drive and move it that way

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Babat 96"]

...all the options that the console gives me is Join not sign in, do I have to buy the cable...or is there an easier way?

[/quote]

There is an easier way. If you are in possession of an USB Stick or USB harddrve with at least 1 GB of capacity, you can connect that to your old console.

Make sure you have no data on that drive, as the Xbox asks you to format the drive, which deletes all data on the drive!

Then on the old console go to "My Xbox", all the way to the right to the system settings, there to the Memory option, and press Y.

Here you are able to transfer data from the harddisc to your USB Stick.

Move your Gamertag, savegames and everything you need to the USB Stick. If the storage capacity isn't big enough for everything at once, copy as much as you can, and move the content to your new console.

To do that, MAKE SURE YOU TURN OFF THE OLD CONSOLE AND WAIT ABOUT 10 SECONDS BEFORE PULLING THE USB STICK! Then plug the stick in your new console, go to "My Xbox", again to the System settings, at Memory press Y and transfer the content back to your new consoles' harddrive.

Repeat this cycle until you have all your desired content moved to the new console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.