New Xbox turns itself off and on

Hey

I won a custom Hitman Xbox 360 from Amazon and Square Enix and received it back in December. It had some weird sound issues that were always annoying, but I figured I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. However, I turned on my console today and after about 30 seconds, it turned off by itself. I tried again, with the same result. I unplugged it and tried again, and got a full minute before it turned off this time. The power supply light is green, and I also tried other outlets with no success. I registered my console online, and it says my warranty expires October 21st, 2013. However, it says that repair services are no longer offered. I've researched this problem, and I've found a solution that seems to work for people, but I don't feel like opening up my console and voiding the warranty (if it's even valid). Anyone have any suggestions? I was looking forward to trying console gaming on the Xbox, but if this is any indication of the quality, Sony may provide the better option.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

There really is no need to try and provoke an answer by adding your off to Sony. If you want to use them for your entertainment purposes no one is going to stop you.

As for your question, there are a few things you can try as it sounds like your Xbox is shutting down due to overheating. I'm guessing you have it in an open area and keep it free from dust yes? Make sure you also have your power brick in a open area as this can overheat too.

Your warranty is valid for 1 year via the manufacturer. To start a repair if you feel you need one, follow the link here - myservice.xbox.com/.../Profileregistration.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You're right about the Sony quip, that was childish. I'm just extremely frustrated. I have registered the xbox, but when I click the link to start a repair, this screen comes up 

Sorry this didn't help.

I can understand your frustration, it happens to the best of us. Having looked at the picture I can see you've registered your console but for some reason it's not actually displaying your console as the registered product as displayed in the picture I have included. Can you try removing the product and then adding the product again. If after you've done that  it still doesn't want to play ball then I think the best idea would be to contact customer services and see if there is a reason why it's not allowing you to do an online repair request. The number you'll need is - United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico: 1-800-469-9269 or 1-800-4MY-XBOX

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the number! I just called, and they gave me an RMA. Off to texas she goes. I made an unboxing video when I got her <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0uyVgSzP6OQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry this didn't help.

Very nice buddy. Congratz on your win :) I hope all's well when you get her back. Take care and have a great week.

Sorry this didn't help.