New Xbox Slim DVD drive noise

Hi there, hope someone could help shed some light on the problem Im having, As i started to install a game onto my harddrive the dvd drive made a higher then normal pitched noise, I thought I was going to break but it installed the game and when I checked the dics thinking its going to be scrated to hell it wasnt. I tested different games installing them or just playing them un-installed with the same result the dvd drive making ALOT of noise. Could someone help? there is plenty of air flow and the xbox is on a flat surface.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hey mate, if everything is working properly, it may just be that the drive is spinning quickly to copy the disc to your drive. As long as no issues occur, I wouldn't worry about it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the help, it makes the noise even when I play a game that is not installed, hopfully it wont go bang before Gears 3 and Space marine I would cry lol. If anyone has a idea let us know thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is your console still covered under warranty? If so, you could certainly send it in to have the drive looked at and addressed.

Sorry this didn't help.

The funny thing about this is that the same exact thing happens to me only on certain games like Gears of War 2 or Halo Reach (that's why I ended up installing both of those to my XBOX 360's Hard Drive). As for it spinning really fast and making a lot of noise when it's installing the game to the hard drive, that's also normal as that happens to every single XBOX 360 that I've seen install a disc.

Sorry this didn't help.