new xbox slim controller wont charge.

i brought the new xbox slim and i used the new controller what came with it and then i plugged in my play and charge kit but the controller will not use the battery as it just cant. so i tested my old controller with the battery and guess what it worked. so then has microsoft done me again by making me spend more money on another play and charge kit to which will work on my new controller, is this another get rich quick scam from micro as i think it is unexceptable as i have to spend more money on to buy something what is not broken in the 1st place. i feel robbed once again thanks micro.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Can you be more specific? Does the play & charge kit not fit, or is it simply not charging? Please provide as much info as possible.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

the battery pack fits as in clips in but it seems as if the controller does not recognise it as a battery pack (i mean the controller what came with the slim). the battery pack works fine as i have tried it on a older controller (a controller from my previous console but one i brought like 2 months ago). the battery does not power the controller nore does it get charged by the controller when the cable is plugged in. the charge cable fits in fine and powers the controller when it is plugged in. there is nothing wrong with the battery or cable it is the new controller what has been made not to fit the old battery pack so Microsoft make more money as you have to buy a new charge kit. its a robbery unless its my new controller what is not working properly then i will more then happily send it away to get repaired with no expense from me as it has never worked from the start and do not believe i should pay for something to be fixed what was broke when it was shipped in that condition.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sounds like a defective controller to me. You have a few options:

1. If the console is still in the return period from the store you bought it from, you could take it back to the store and just have them replace the controller from a unit on the shelf

2. You could call Microsoft for a replacement

[mod removed]

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks bandersnatch for the help bud see you on xbox live.

Sorry this didn't help.