New Xbox One...is it Defective Pls Help

Hello, seeking some advice here.  I recently purchased an Xbox One and am still within my return period.  I think my X1 may be defective because the WiFi speeds on it are atrocious.  Running Speedtest.net with multiple devices in the same room as the X1, I consistently get 14-16 mbps download speeds over WiFi.  On my X1, the speeds are horrible, I am only getting 2-4 mbps.  Is it normal for X1's WiFi to be that much slower than every other device on my network or is my X1 defective?

In addition to the WiFi issue, I have also noticed that installing a game from disc takes 30-45 minutes.  My PS4 (that I just sold) installed in 1-2 minutes from disc.  Are X1 disc installs really this slow or is my blue ray drive defective?

Thanks for any feedback on these issues.  Otherwise, love the X1, happy with my decision.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Could be, I haven't tried running mine on WiFi, but haven't seen many complaints about WiFi speeds from others, may not be a bad idea to go ahead and get it replaced just to be safe. Good luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks, I will try the disconnect option for disc install. On WiFi, I have tried X1 with both 2.4 and 5ghz signals on my AC1700 router but it hasnt made mich difference either way. If others are getting better dl speeds, I'm thinking my X1 is defective since I don't have issues with any other device.

Sorry this didn't help.

Are all of you WiFi devices running on the same band(2.4/5Ghz), Or a mix? That can make a difference.

If you install the game disc in offline mode it will install much faster, the issue is that the X1 will attempt to download any updates before installing from the disc.

Sorry this didn't help.