New Xbox one experience won't let me install external hdd

I'm on the new Xbox experience and the Xbox won't format the new 1tb external HDD Usb 3.0 I have bought it's pretty annoying as its not working. It asks me to rename the hdd then it won't let me and a loading circle just continuously loads and nothing happens. Just stays like that. It there a work around for it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:
Answer

Hey everyone!

You should now have access to the Preview Forums. When you get a chance, go ahead and click on the link that KenH2k4 has provided above. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hey there! To minimize confusion because troubleshooting may be different for preview updates than regular versions, you'll want to post this, and everything else preview related in the preview forums (forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx). This will also ensure that the proper team sees your post and can help you out. Also, make sure you look at the list of known issues to see if there is a workaround.

If you haven't already, be sure to report any issues via the preview app on your console, so that all relevant data gets reported to Microsoft.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.