New xBox no Xbox Live Gold?

Hi, I recently puchased an xBox 360 4GB from EBGames (Brand new, not used/preowned) and It says on the opening flaps (Activate your trial code inside today! 1 Month XBox live Gold Membership) except inside the box I was unable to locatei any code to renew, am I missing something or has EBGames given me the short hand of the bargain?

I Actually have a suspicion the console isn't 'new' due to a white scuff on the case and dust in the ventilation vents.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The free month trial would be offered during the profile creation steps on the console, if you decline to join live you will be offered a free month trial which you must accept there and then otherwise you will lose the offer. If you created your profile on the PC you won't be offered a free trial. The first three profiles created on the console will be offered a free trial, after that the offer is not made.

-

As for the condition of the console it certainly shouldn't have any marks or dust in it.

Gaming, something all gamers do, no matter which system they use.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Dang it, I logged in using my Games for Windows live account (This 1). Never had an xBox before and a little skeptical if I really want to spend the money for Gold when I only play Forza and other racing games on it, guess I'll have to pay for the 1 month 'trial' and see if I find it worth it. Curious why the box says code if it's automatic for the first 3 profiles created on the XBox.

I'm really not too worried about the condition of the console as the scuff is barely noticeable and I'll likely put it into my ME3 case the moment the xBox is out of warranty anyway.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Why not create a new profile on the console and try the free month on that? Saves you spending any money, there are a couple of things to note though. During the profile creation process you must add a valid payment option so that if you do decide to keep gold you can be charged automatically. If you do not turn off auto renewal you will be charged so you may want to check that out.

-

Now for the downer part of this post, your final comment in your previous post goes against the forum rules in regards to discussion of console modification. Of course what you do with the console is your choice but you could face a console and or account ban if you do open up the console in any way.

Sorry this didn't help.

I Suppose I could do that, Could be a little annoying with the friends I make online whilst playing but I suppose I can tell my mates to add Frosty2k10 if I go back to it.

Well that's a little annoying, a Console ban for moving the guts to a new case? Is there anyone legally qualified and allowed to do it or is it just a no-go zone all together?

Sorry this didn't help.

There is one authorised repair company and you're using their product, I don't believe Microsoft would swap the console case for you though.

-

www.xbox.com/.../livetou

-

1.12. Are there things I can't do on the Services? You must not use the Services to harm others or the Services. For example, you must not:

-

You can't use unauthorized software or hardware to access the Services, nor can you modify an Authorized Device in any unauthorized way (e.g., through unauthorized repairs, unauthorized upgrades, or unauthorized downloads). You agree that we have the right to send data, applications or other content to any software or hardware that you are using to access the Services for the purpose of detecting an unauthorized modification and/or disabling the modified device.

Sorry this didn't help.